Goose (Part 2: Shiro)

Shiro had only been working at Downtown for a few months, but he loved the small cafe like it was his second home. Although the name could admittedly use some work, he thought the shop itself was pleasant and inviting. He worked there as a full time manager and was often found dodging in and out between the new workers' shifts. The late shift worker had recently quit, so he took it upon himself to fill their spot. It didn't bother him too much- he suffered from sleep paralysis and he preferred to neglect sleep entirely, spending his nights at the shop and scanning through an old book. A certain mundaneness had settled over his life after college, work, eat, work, nap, work. The schedule was welcomed with open arms, any distraction was better than nothing. On the topic of distractions, his favorite customer walked in and he immediately smiled. They'd never interacted but Shiro enjoyed watching the poor student from afar. He held such an air of precariousness about him, you couldn't help but to notice. The boy directing a question towards him startled him out of his trance. "Sure thing, but I'm required to warn you about the possibility of a coma, it's a pretty serious deal," he joked, writing down the order in scrawled handwriting.