Sky Vega (Part 1: Lance)

The one thing Lance enjoyed about college? The cute coffee shop that was directly around the corner from his cheap apartment. It had delicate beige decorating the walls and it always smelled like black coffee. The neutral colors rested his eyes- allowing him to take off his glasses and just relax. Being a full time college student was stressful enough, but being told that your scholarship could be taken away was even more of a pain. It's not that Lance isn't smart, he's the second smartest in his class; the first being his professor. He took pride in all of his projects and numerous amounts of papers, they were his pride and joy. He just had one little problem- he couldn't stay awake in class.
Now he absolutely adored his lectures, when he could concentrate. The relentless studying and two jobs he struggles to keep up with, those bad boys are the problem. That's 12 hours in class, around 20 hours of studying time, and about 36 hours of work; per week. Lance is only one man; Lance isn't even a man, Lance is only one boy. But one thing Lance knows for sure is that his Mama raised no slacker.
Back to the lovely coffee shop, that was Lance's Lord and Savior. Without the cheap $2.27 coffee everyday he would have given up long ago. Swinging the door open with the slightest energy he could muster, Lance stepped into his small Heaven on Earth. He shuffled over to the closest available barista, yawning as he struggled to pull out the appropriate amount of change. "Can I get- just plain black coffee, but like dump all of the sugar you guys have in it. I mean all of it, I want to stay awake for eight days."