25 || boyfriends. the finale. ||

two months later.

mark laughed as johnny teased donghyuck about his dyed red hair.

johnny compared him to "the tomato from veggie tales".

donghyuck's much happier now, though.

he's dyed his hair a total of 2 times over the course of two months. he's also a much more open person.

him and mark are still going strong. their first date as a couple was quite awkward, more awkward then their first date.

mark had paid at their first date as a couple, to which donghyuck felt bad about.

donghyuck couldn't help but laugh as johnny continued to tease him.

about a month ago, when donghyuck showed up with brown hair, mark nearly choked.

it was unpredictable of the boy to do that. as he was afraid of change.

a loud laugh came from chenle, who was slapping mark's arm in the process.

donghyuck often remembers when he used to wonder if mark liked him back, and remembers being nervous about texting him first.

mark turned to donghyuck and smiled.

"should we go out after this?"

donghyuck smiled and nodded.

"yes."

johnny and chenle began attacking mark, commenting on his hair.

donghyuck remembers when he saw mark's new hair color on instagram for the first time.

how he remembered that the boy wasn't afraid of change.

he touches his own hair, realizing that he actually did dye it red.

he smiles to himself.

change.

after what felt like an eternity, the boys finally left and headed on their own. together.

mark spoke to donghyuck as they walked.

"you've changed so much over the course of two months."

with that, as the sun was going down, a orange color illuminating the sky, the air feeling warm, donghyuck turned to mark, with a slight smile and said

"change is a good thing."

fin.

and that's it.

after a long journey, metanoia has sadly come to an end.

i remember not knowing where i was going with this book.

it's been a rollercoaster for me.

thanks to everyone who's voted, commented, and loved this story in general. your support kept me motivated and i cannot thank you enough. seriously.

its sad having to put the completed mark on this book, but i have to.

there will be a bonus chapter, though.

as always, thank you guys for reading this.

saturndonghyuck