There's nothing else to do.

Chapter 23: There's nothing else to do.

Sasuke returned to his room soon after having an agitating physics exam. Who would've thought that energy [was released when the nuclei of atoms were split or fused?] And even more importantly, when was this knowledge going to be useful in life? He loved school, but he disliked the fact that the teachers taught useless trash for daily life; math had been the only positive thing he had learned in his years in school, along with basic knowledge, of course. Upon leaving his keys on top of the desk, he noted that someone had taken his pen and a page from his notebook; sighing heavily at the thought of having Naruto back in the room once again. Now it was him who needed time.

He walked over to his bed, set on getting a good sleep to refresh himself and push his problems away, at least for the moment. However, something stopped him: a small, yellow note that had been placed over his pillow. Upon taking it in his hands, he could see what was written on it: "All I had to do was stay, But we Aren't Out of the Woods Yet."

Sasuke reread the text around five times, unable to keep thinking about its meaning. "All I had to do was stay, but we're still not out of danger." Around the sixth time, he remembered Naruto's calligraphy—the same writing that was plastered on that note was the same one that was all over the CDs that the blond had burned for him. At first, he wanted to throw the note away, but decided to keep it. He folded it nicely so that later on he could save it in his pocket. He had barely been able to sit up when someone knocked on the door. He scoffed before lazily getting up to open it. His eyes could not reflect the big surprise when he saw Sakura there, in front of him.

She smiled, trying to hide a face. She threw her arms around Sasuke, who was stunned without knowing what she'd do next. By instinct, he wrapped his arms around her waist while Sakura hung around his neck. He could feel little drops of water against his neck.

"I'm so sorry about everything." She murmured while caressing his face. Sasuke thought that perhaps Naruto had told her something about fixing things with him, and thus the note.

"Naruto sent you?" He asked, trying to not clench his teeth. However, his jaw was already clenched from the rage that was consuming his body.

"No... of course not, but I couldn't be without you much longer." She let out. "I've changed, and I want to give us another chance... please."

"You were everything I wanted, but not this way." Sakura was confused upon receiving those words from her ex-boyfriend. She had expected him to tell her 'yes' and start over from zero, forgetting about all the damage they had done to each other, the damage she had done to him.

"I still love you. I've missed you so much."

"And now that I've finally gotten over you, you tell me that you love me." He spat without any resentment. "Bitch..." He murmured, now frustrated. "You kicked me out. You told me you no longer loved me, that you wanted nothing to do with me. And now you tell me that you've missed me?"

"It's nothing more than the truth." She tried playing offended, though Sasuke knew that Sakura was an excellent porn actress... just an actress, no more than that.

"Who do you think you are?" Upon seeing that Sakura made no move to speak, he continued speaking. "Who do you think I am?" He laughed bitterly, passing a finger delicately over his face.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do to get you to tell me 'yes' again..." The tears streamed like rivers down her face and Sasuke had to hold his entire strength as much as possible so to not laugh in her face, grab a cigarette, and burn her face.*

"I don't need any more shit from you." He coldly replied. She opened her mouth to speak but the sound of the door opening stopped her. Both turned their heads to watch Naruto enter the room, in his hands, a box. Confusion invaded his face. Sasuke thought this was a great opportunity, so, without thinking twice about it, he took Sakura's hand and brought it towards him.

Their lips clashed roughly against each other, their teeth hitting each other on impact. It was the most disastrous kiss anyone could have ever had. Naruto gasped and let the box fall to the floor. He turned around and left.

"Does this mean we'll try again?" He was frightened upon hearing those words.

"No, this means you're a mere shit dyed in a terrible color. I prefer blonds,** and I need you to leave."

"Sasuke! That's not fair!" She cried, looking down at the floor. She felt humiliated, but knew she had deserved it from all the times she had done the same to him.

"This is no longer about you, Sakura. I've found a better game." He smiled with arrogance. She let out a grunt before walking out of the room in grand strides. Sasuke then walked over towards the box on the floor, opening it gently. It was a box of CDs.

He was a huge idiot.

———

*I'm sorry to those of you who hate fics that bash Sakura, I honestly forgot about this and personally don't like it, but what can I do? I'm not the original author of this story, so please forgive me. I literally sat for a good five minutes wondering if I should just ignore that line but inner me knew I can't make any changes to this fic.

**When Sasuke says he prefers 'blonds' he means male blonds, in case I haven't gone over this yet. In Spanish, he says 'rubios' which basically means male blonds. In case anyone was wondering...