Lego House

Chapter 6: Lego House

Sasuke's back was cold; Naruto had had the genius idea of asking for a table outside of the small establishment and obviously, they had fulfilled his request. He had gone back in a few minutes back and Sasuke didn't know why he was so anxiously waiting for him. But finally, Naruto arrived with two glasses and a small plate with a piece of chocolate cake. Sasuke got up to help him, taking the plate since it was the only thing Naruto let him carry.

"I brought you a coffee with sweet milk, it's my favorite." He smiled even though he preferred Irish coffee.

"Thanks," Sasuke responded dryly and instantly regretted it.

"Naruto!" Both turned to find Aunt Lira. "Come up here, come!" She held out a guitar and Naruto obeyed without hesitation. He began playing a slow song that Sasuke had never heard of. He really didn't know they could sing so well. The song was about a man who wished to wake up with amnesia, that way he could forget about a woman and of all the moments they spent together.

"I remember the day you said you'd leave,
I remember your makeup rolling down your cheeks.
And the dreams you left,
you never really needed them,
just like every wish we once shared..."

And Sasuke couldn't contain himself any more, and he began crying. Because he knew this theme. He had been amorously deceived many times before, but this last one had been the worst of them all. He had fixed her and loved her when nobody else did. She had left him when he begged her not to. He had sent her over more than a hundred messages, slept in front of her door, begging for another chance. They never got back together. She moved away and 'on to the next one', literally. Naruto left the guitar on the stand and hurried back to his friend.

"You sing very well... Who's the song by?" Sasuke asked as if nothing was wrong, trying to ignore the fact that his eyes could be puffy and still shedding tears.

"I composed it," The blond smiled proudly as he offered a napkin. Sasuke appreciated that Naruto avoided questioning him.

"That's awesome. Emh, so why didn't you ask her to bring you here?"

"I did, but she had to leave," He replied with a face before taking a big sip of his coffee. He instantly put the cup down and stuck his tongue out, waving his hands to cool it as he had burned his tongue. Both laughed.

"So, she..."

"Yeah, I think her name was Sakura." Sasuke's face paled and his eyes dulled a bit.

"My ex-girlfriend's name is Sakura."

"It's a very common name."

"And she moved."

"No doubt, then. It's some other Sakura."

Aunt Lira sat down with them and spent the time joking and laughing for a bit. Everything was fine, the only thing that could separate them was the rain that began falling over them. They took their plates and ran inside the café once again. Naruto asked for the check but his aunt denied any payment and sent them both home. Small droplets of sweet, warm rain still fell over them but they didn't care too much about it and continued walking. Everything was peaceful and quiet.

"Have you ever loved someone?" Naruto was surprised that Sasuke had been the one to break the silence. He smiled.

"No."

"Have you ever liked someone?"

"If I like someone to play with him, to talk to him, and to be with him... even if he is a guy, does that mean I am a fag?" Sasuke laughed dryly.

"What? Where are you getting this from?" Sasuke shook his head while keeping his eyes fixed on the floor and hands deep in his jean's pockets. "You're not some 'fag'. You're only homosexual, and I think that if it's your decision... and if you love someone of the same sex correctly... then there's nothing wrong with being one." He shrugged, and Naruto's heart sank.

Upon arriving to their dorm room, the sweet and attentive Sasuke seemed to have been replaced by the one who could possibly emit smoke from his ears. There was water everywhere, especially on his bed. Naruto began mopping the floor while watching how Sasuke tried to turn his mattress over without success. He sighed and crossed the red, homophobic divisory line to help him.

"You can sleep on my bed, and I'll sleep on the floor." He politely offered.

"No, it's fine..."

"I'm serious, you can cross the line."

"Are you sure, Naruto?"

"Yeah, I'm used to—" Before he could say anything more, the bedroom light flickered off and Naruto closed his eyes. He closed them so tightly that Sasuke thought they'd bleed. The raven approached him and softly took his hand.

"Calm down, Naruto. We can light a few candles, okay?" He let go of his hand and took his phone out of his pocket to unlock it and turn the flashlight on. The small but powerful light calmed him a bit and as he took Sasuke's phone, Naruto looked thankful. "Now come with me." Sasuke held out his hand with all the disgust in the world and Naruto took it while he kept his gaze on him. Sasuke guided him towards his side of the room and grabbed a small blue book bag. "The light always goes out here, so this time, I came prepared. I have a bunch of candles here."

"Okay."

He let go of his hand.

"If you want, you can hold on to my sweater, that way you won't be too scared..." He suggested. Naruto said nothing but held on tightly to the offered sweater. Sasuke began lighting the candles and placing them in different parts of the room as he dragged Naruto along. It didn't bother him, not that much, and when the room was lit by Sasuke's many candles of different sizes, aromas, and shapes, both sat down on the floor. "Why are you afraid of the dark?"

"Everybody fears it," Naruto replied, not so sure of himself, and Sasuke knew that this wasn't the real answer but he didn't insist. "You're not scared of it?"

"No."

"Then, what are you scared of? Homosexuals?"

"No, idiot." Both laughed. "I'm not scared of them, but I don't like them. I don't fancy them and I avoid coming to contact with them."

Naruto only nodded.

"Want some music?"

"Yes, please."

Sasuke took his phone out once again and played 'Lego House' and Naruto looked at him with a big smile, Sasuke blushing once in a while. It wasn't normal that a boy look at him with such admiration.

"And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm. If you're broken, I will mend you. And I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now..." Sasuke began singing while he kept his eyes on Naruto.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you're getting down. And out of al these things I've done, I think I love you better now..." Naruto finished. And without both realizing it, they had a total closeness, their faces mere inches from each other but Sasuke pulled back as he smiled.

"I think we should go to sleep..."

With an arrogant smile, he got up and walked towards Naruto's bed, where he hid his smile.