Arriving at camp

Sarah POV
I slipped my phone into the front pocket of my navy blue backpack and walked out of the old bus.  I was greeted by a tall man.  He looked like he was around 20 and had a green shirt on with a pine tree, green pants with a belt, a brown vest, and a yellow piece of fabric tied around his neck.  He had a great big smile from ear to ear and seemed happy to be at the camp.  "Why hello there!"  he stated, "What's your name?"  I thought to myself this must be David.  I looked behind him and saw Max and remembered that David would be annoying as heck if I did not act in a sour mood.
"Sarah." I snapped back at him with attitude.  He facial expression did not change though. 
"Well nice to meet you Sarah.  I see you play some sort of instrument."  I saw him pointing at my violin case.  I brought my backup violin as well because I had a feeling Max did not bring his.
"Yep" I said with my arms crossed looking at the ground.  "Wear is everyone or is the camp so bad Max and I are the only ones that are here?"  I said she arching the area.  I was killing me inside I was so happy to be here but Max was making me stay in this dumb mood.
"More people will be coming. Wait.......how did you know Max's name?"  David said looking at me confused.
"Goes to my school." Max butted in as I stood their silently. "This way to the tents" Max said pointing to the lakes.  We started walking Max did not say anything to me.  I was assuming it was because David was close behind us.  I saw women on the way to the dorm.  She had on the same shirt a David just in a v neck, had on brown shorts, tall boots, and high socks.  We continued to walk down toward to lake until I saw some tan tents.  I walked inside and their was not much to see.  David had gotten distracted and went to see the other women.  I looked at Max and handed him my spare violin.
"Thanks." He said taking the violin and hiding it underneath a blanket.
"How could you not like David he is so nice and happy." I asked.  Max only rolled his eyes.  I unpacked my stuff and put blankets on my bed to was given to me.  I looked a Max.  He just sat on the bed looking at the violin.  I knew he wanted to play it.  Max always plays it whenever he is sad or stressed.  At our school we are the two best players.  We always have friendly competitions to see who will sit in the first chair.  He practice duets together for fun sometimes.  We even eat at our schools orchestra room.  The violin was his escape from the real world and I knew I killed him to be apart from it.  I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder.  "It's already around dinner time does this place have any food."
He chuckled, "Not anything good."  He took me to the mess hall where to quarter master had made mash potatoes.  They were ice cold and tasted terrible.  I saw David walked in with the other women.  They were talking and I heard him call her Gwen.  Max did not eat his food he only picked at it.  I had so many questions about the camp that my depressed mood would not help me answer.  I got up from the table with a big bright smile on my face.  Max always hated the way I acted so happy but over time he got used to it.  It's not like I love the way he acts.  I skipped over to David and tapped him in the shoulder.  "So what do you have planned after dinner.
He smiled, "well..."