Introduction

Charles Alblice had always led an ordinary life in Birchtowne

Charles Alblice had always led an ordinary life in Birchtowne. He enjoyed the company of his cousin, Quinn, and their best friend, Michael. The three lived their lives as carefree as any other teenager would.

But life in Birchtowne gets messy when kids and teenagers alike begin disappearing every week without so much of a word of hope from Flare—the town's superhero—or the authorities. When Michael joins the ranks of the missing, Charles and Quinn are thrown into disarray. Quinn is angry; Charles feels lost and completely and utterly helpless.

After a run-in with his ex, Lea—who happens to be Flare—and a near run-over by a truck, Charles learns he has supernatural abilities. He doesn't even have time to process the revelation before Lea is pushing him to be something bigger than himself.

After accidentally saving a strange girl in the woods, Charles learns the disappearances happening all over town are just a minor detail in a bigger, more sinister plot than he ever could have imagined. Alongside Quinn, he swears to defeat the powers conspiring against the town.

Dropped headfirst into the world of being a superhero, Charles finds unexpected opposition when the people of Birchtowne become convinced he is the villain in their story.

—•—

© 2020  IneffableBibliophile

Original posted: June 2017

Rewrite posted: June 2020 – December 2020

2017 – ----

All Rights Reserved. If you see a story similar to this one on Wattpad or any other website, please alert me because my work is my. work. and I work very hard on it. If you are reading this story on any website that isn't Wattpad, you are on a potentially harmful site. Visit wattpad.com if you wish to continue reading.

—•—

—•—

The image used for the cover is not my own. It was found on Pinterest. Credit to whomever made or took the image. I made the cover, though.

Character aesthetics made by me.
The images, however, were found on Pinterest and belong to their rightful owners.

Disclaimer: this is a first draft that I am writing as I publish. Bear with me, as it will not be perfect. Feel free to point out my mistakes or leave some constructive criticism. I promise I can take it. I only classify this as a rewrite because the rough idea originated in 2017. This version is completely different from the earlier.

- Warning: Heroes of Today contains strong language -