A Reunion

✨ "Sometimes love is a trivial thing, and other times... it's really just a pain in the *censored*.." ✨

   Leslie quietly slipped into the main room, uncharacteristically without his TV mask. He wasn't worried if Yume would see his face or not, and sighed, sitting down at a beautiful, glossy black piano he had asked to be installed. A few moments later, he started playing, quietly singing, "..there's no hate. There's no love.. only dark skies that hang above. I call your name as I walk alone. Send a signal to guide me home. Light the night up, you're my dark star.. and now you're falling away.... But I found in you what was lost in me, in a world so cold and empty. I could lie awake just to watch you breath, in the dead of night you went dark on me.." his playing grew more intensely as he continued, fingers rushing swiftly against the keys, "You're the cause, the antidote. The sinking ship that I could not let go. You went my way, then disappeared. How could you just walk away and leave me here? Light the night up, you're my dark star... and now you're falling away.."

   He finished the song, only to hear a compliment, and a glass drop behind him. It wasn't particularly loud, but the shatter was enough to startle him and cause him to turn around. "Is something wro-" he was cut off by a pair of blue eyes, swirling and glowing with mixed emotion.

   "That was beautiful, your voice sounds so familiar... wait... Leslie?" Yume choked out, her expression morphing from sad to angry, then a mixture of grief and fury as she saw the young man's features. She had been listening from the kitchen, which she had gotten to before he had come in to fix breakfast and a fresh bottle for Libelle. She had dropped her coffee cup in shock when she realized who he was.

   "Yume..." he breathed, taking in the sight of his former fiancé for the second time in Storm Fighters. Her scarred skin was flushed blue from emotion, tears welling in her cerulean eyes that once held nothing but happiness and love for him. She had come a long way since then, her hair having grown from the short bob, down past her full hips. Her blossomed lips colored a beautiful scarlet, and ears pierced all the way up. He noticed a few more things he hadn't seen before, the tattoo on her stomach. It was similar to the one her her back, due to it being a rune, but this one even he didn't recognize. Her heart shaped face was contorted, but still beautiful in his eyes. She was certainly not completely the same woman he had known years ago.

   "LS.. I should have known," she sighed angrily to herself, pinching the bridge of her nose and shutting her eyes, a few tears betraying her eyes, and slipping down her ruined cheeks.

   She didn't see as he rose from his seat, quietly pushing the bench under the baby grand before walking over to her. He wrapped the small female in a tight embrace, burying his face in her hair. He could feel her wince, not caring that she wasn't hugging back. He had missed her. Ever since their fight a few years back, and she had left, he had been searching for her. He regretted everything, and simply wanted her to forgive him, which he would convey soon enough. "I missed you so much..." he whispered quietly, tightening his hold as if she'd slip away again.

   "W-what are you doing here?" she asked, pushing him slightly away, enough to look up at his saddened expression. Of course she had missed him, but she wasn't sure it was the same way he had missed her. She didn't know how he found her, but she assumed it was a similar way Chriss and Faethon had.

"I had to find you.. there's so much I needed to say before you left.." he cried quietly, keeping his arms around her.

He didn't know where to start or what to do, so he pulled her along to the couch and sat down, doing his best to explain himself. He told her what happened to his father, his travels, his relentless search to find her. Afterwards, she hugged him, still crying. "I need time to think about this... but I missed you too, Leslie," she mewed in between choking sobs.

  He smiled lightly at this, knowing that she may never fully forgive him, or be his again, but that he could still possibly stay in her life. After a little bit of time like this, they had cracked a few jokes to lighten the mood, and had leg go of each other. They spoke happily as if they were two cordial friends. Leslie was absolutely joyous. He knew finding her again was going to be worth it.

                          🌙~•~End~•~🌙

       ⭐️Reference: Dark on Me by Starset⭐️