Chapter 8

*Rose's POV*

"Just pick any one, Rose. It's just a party, you're not meeting the president."

I was in the closet, looking for something for Mavis' party. I didn't know i would need a dress, so I don't think I packed any.

"You need a gown, Rose. Just be lucky you brought money, we need to go shopping."

"Curse you Johnny for not warning us," I exclaimed.

Emma giggled and took my hand,"Come on, Rose! Let's ask around for some help."

We walked out the room and down to the lobby. We were looking for Johnny when Mavis jumped out of no where.

"Hey guys, what you doing?"

"Oh hey Mavis," I responded," we were seeing if there's any mall around here."

"Yea! Y'all want to go?"

"Yes, we want to go shopping," Emma said.

"Alright! Meet me back here in a half hour and I'll take you!"

"Great!"

When she walked away, Emma started freaking out,"How are we going to go shopping for gowns of she comes with us!?"

"Don't worry, don't worry Emma! I have an idea."

*30 minutes later*

We got dress and met back up at the lobby. We walked through the front door and waited for our ride.

A type of carriage pulled up and a zombie opened the door for us. We climbed in and a monster took the wheel. The carriage started to move and we were off to the mall.

Mavis sat on my left while Emma sat on my right. We were talking the whole ride there. It took us about a half hour to reach the mall.

"We're here you guys!"

The carriage was parked in front of the mall and we jet inside. There were stores galore in there. We needed to shop without Mavis catching on to what we're looking for.

"Ok Mavis," I started,"we need to find some new ummm.....shoes! So we should split up!"

"Ok, What kind?"

"Uhhhhh, green pumps with...."

"With Jaguar patterns on them!"

I looked at Emma in disbelief, why did she yell in my ear like that?

"Ok! Cool! I'll go this way then," Mavis said excitedly, pointing to the left.

"Ok, and we'll go this way."

We all agreed and split up. We were walking pass so many human-monster couples.

'I wonder if me and Drac could ever be like that?'

I was brought out of a trance when Emma tapped my shoulders. She pointed to a store with all types of gowns.

We ran in and tried to hurry up before Mavis came back.

"Ok, so what color are you trying to find Rose?"

"Hmmmm... I don't know! Maybe red? How about you?"

"Probably blue. Oh! And we need to get shoes and jewelry."

"I know-OOOO!!!! Emma look!"

I pointed at a pretty blue dress that would look beautiful on her,"You should get it Emma!"

She grabbed the dress and squealed, causing me to laugh. I started to look around for my dress now.

As I was going through the gowns, my eyes locked on a gorgeous burgundy gown. It was just my style!