Smile

I reached out and took her hand, terrified that she would disappear abruptly again. Her small hands looked especially more tiny as I carefully grasped her soft palm. She gave me a beautiful toothy smile that filled the hole that had been eating away my heart.

It hurt, how much she resembled her Father. He was so full of dreams and ambitions. It was what I adored most about him. He was once someone I had thoroughly given my everything. In return, he had gladly left me the day Celia was born.

It has been a year, and my tears have gradually left me. My smile has started to become increasingly frequent. Celia truly is the shine of my life. The reason I still live and try my best to stay strong. My little important person.

I jerked awake from my daydream and realised I had been crying silently, without noticing. Celia had looked up at me, worry and concern clear in her soft, brown eyes. She frowned slightly.

"Mama?" She softly said, tilting her head slightly to the left.

I bent down to kiss her cheek, crying softly and burying my face in her soft brown hair.

"I'll be fine darling," I smiled reassuringly at her, then I gently took her hand in mine and led us both where home was.