Midnight Hospital (chapter three)

As I walked through the crowd, I shook my head.My new home was haunted by a ghost.As unbelievable as it sounded it made little sense.There had to be some kind of connection to what I dreamed about and to what I just learned.I continued walking but stopped when I heard 2 boys discussing the ghost.''Are you talking about nurse Kelly'' I asked.One of the boys quickly hushed me and motioned me to sit down.''So you know'' the other boy asked as he shook slightly.''Doesn't everybody know'' I replied.The boy scoffed ''No because people don't want you to know they want you to think it's all in your head''.The other boy agreed as he shook again ''I'm Jacky and that's Todd'' Jacky whispered as he shook. I nodded toward him and said ''I'm Blake''.

''So have anyone of you seen the ghost'' I asked.''No but you can feel her.Hear the moans in the wall see the blood from the ceiling.She's there, you may not see her but her presence is powerful'' Todd whispered as he looked around quickly to make sure know one but us was listening.''Have you noticed there have been a lot of deaths lately.She's killing them the doctors are saying it's just time but they are scared about their loss what comforts them the most at night''.

''Their money'' Jacky answered.He looked toward me and he whimpered ''If I were you I wouldn't fall asleep you might not wake up''.''Once in the dead of night a patient woke up and suddenly saw her. He never forgot it he went crazy and killed himself.He couldn't stop dreaming about the blood so much blood it was nightmare.I sat there my mouth open wide as they stood over me.Todd touched my shoulder and said ''Be careful it's not safe here''. Jacky shook and nodded and both of them walked away.As I stood up I noticed every person was being escorted back to their room by nurses. I could tell by the look on the nurses face they did not want to be escorting people like me to their room.I didn't need there help nor did I want it.I walked back to my room, my thoughts reeling from what I learned.Ghost murder,rape I don't think I could handle falling asleep but to find out if this was true I would have to fall asleep.I reached the door that read 221,my room I thought as I walked in and lay down on the bed.My breath was uneven as I laid down.I was terrified of seeing the ghost but I just had to know if this was true or false.I closed my eyes and thought of the ghost.I rolled over feeling shaken and comfortable, even though my eyes were closed tightly I thought I could feel something watching me.I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling as dragged a hand through my hair.I touched the top of my pillow it felt wet probably from all my sweat.I sat up and looked at my pillow and gasped in horror.Red blood covered the back of my pillow.I threw it to the floor then jumped from the bed. I groaned in pain as I slipped on the floor.I touched my arm and it was covered in red blood.I lay in a mass of red blood that flowed into my room from the hallway.I slowly got up hesitating my every step as I quietly pushed the door opened and stood in the hallway.

The hallway was drenched in blood that flowed from the walls and lightly dripped from the ceiling.I stood staring at the scene before me there was a low humming coming from the shock treatment room.I walked down the hall, cringing as the warm blood flowed beneath my feet.I continued walking until I reached the room.The humming was even louder than before.I pushed open the door and walked inside.There sat a nurse stained in blood humming to herself as she scraped her skin with a knife.She didn't even acknowledge my presence as I gasped.''Kelly'' I whispered my voice filled with fear.She stopped humming and dropped the knife.She slowly turned and stared at me.Her eyes were pitch black as blood ran down from them.There was a large gash in her neck that dripped blood.Her face held no emotion as she stood up.I backed away feeling uneasy at being that close to her.I backed into a wall that was drenched in blood.The blood onto my hair and flowed down my shoulders.I shook as she crossed toward me and stared, for some reason I felt a flood of confidence wash over me as I stared her in the eyes.She backed away and held her hand in front of my face ''What do you want'' I screamed.''Die'' she screeched as she lunged closer to me.

Breathing hard I shot up, it was just a dream.No it couldn't have been, the blood the nurse the knife. It was more than a dream, I saw it felt everything was real.I touched the side of my face and felt a cut on it.I dragged my hand against my face again and felt blood. It was real very real. I needed to know more about her and needed to know now.