12. Kenneth

Project: Win Cassie Back

"Bro, are you all right?" Gabe asked me as he helped me stand up. I stood up groggily and touched the part where my foot hurts.

Sean switched with Abby and helped me stand up. Abby, who was now standing next to Cassandra asked her. "Aren't you going to check on Kenneth, Cassie? It's fine with me you know." She told her.

Blushing madly, she shook her head. "No, Abby. He's old enough, and he's a dancer. He can stand by himself, and he's going to be fine. He doesn't need me." She coldly replied.

Abby mischievously smiled at her. "Woah, that's new." Abby exclaimed.

I shyly smiled to everyone and reassured them. "I'm okay, guys. Chill. No harm done." I said. "Sorry Abby, something just distracted me." I explained and composed myself.

Sean crossed his arms. "Something or someone?" I frowned as he happily and gleefully high-fived with Julian. "Where's your mind at, boy? Focus!" Sean laughed.

The rehearsals ended and Cassandra ignored me the entire time and she asked Kalani to come with her to school so right now, she's waiting for her to finish fixing her things. Just in time for Sean, Josh, and Will, to come out and have a little talk with her.

Though, I ignored it because I went back to rehearse even if my foot really hurts.

Later on, Josh and Julian placed their arms on my shoulders as we made our way back to our locker room after our rehearsal. "BRO!" They chorused, almost shouting.

If it was Will and Josh and Sean last week, now it's Will and Josh and Julian. Sean was being more of a brother right now to Cassie along with Gabe.

I looked at them with a blank expression. "Not now. I'm not in the mood. My body is really aching right now, like literally. And can you please remove your arms around my shoulders? It's too heavy!" I told them as I shoved off their arms.

"You were looking at a lot of things earlier, it was your fault you turned with the wrong foot." Julian noted, grinning widely.

I frowned at them. "Can you blame me? There I was practicing turns, trying to impress a certain girl and there she was, texting. Not even looking at me. And when I fell, she just looked at me! She didn't even ask if I was fine." I exclaimed.

"Dude, it's confirmed." Both of them looked at each other. Putting back their arms on my shoulders.

I frowned at them, trying to decipher what they just said. "What are you talking about? What's confirmed?" I asked.

"P.M.O. is finally on the move." Julian told me, as of he was present at all the times the squad was hanging out. "Project Move On, move on from you dude." He added.

I felt like Cathy just poured her cold frappe on me.

I stopped dead on my track. Julian and Josh had to literally pull me out of my momentary demise to start walking again. I silently walked to the other locker room as Josh and Julian's words dawned on me.

I silently sat on the plastic chair near my bag. I closed my eyes and tried to think of the things that have transpired today.

"Kenneth, are you okay?" Kuya Mathew cut me off of my trance. I learned that they were here to pick us up except from Cassandra who went with Kalani. I looked at him blankly and failed to answer. He playfully shook me and said. "KENNETH SAN JOSE, are you okay?" He asked again.