one

ONE!

guests 

AMBER BREATHED IN AND OUT CALMLY THROUGH HER NOSE. A thick book sat comfortably on her lap. It was another normal day in New York, and Amber sat alone in the sanctuary, finding bliss from the unusually quiet tower. The chair she was sitting on was tucked away in the shadows of the floor, hiding away from peaking eyes. Her heterochromia eyes slowly studied the old pages, as her mind danced with the words she read under her breath. She slowly drew her index finger down the withered page. With her finger, she flipped the page quickly and continued her reading.

"Abel."

With that same finger, she pricked it on the page, to mark her place and lifted her eyes to the calling voice. Stephen Strange; the Master of the Mystic Arts stood before her, freshly groomed, as she noticed. His usual grim look was on his features, but Amber picked up a note of urgency beneath his grey eyes.

"Strange." she greeted cooly, tipping her head to the right slightly. Her eyebrows raised in a cocky manner, as she awaited why the Doctor suddenly decided to disrupt her afternoon reading.

"We have a guest arriving." Stephen flatly said, confusing her. Her eyes looked around at the empty room, searching for someone else in the room, but to no avail. She hesitantly reached Stephen's eyes, narrowing.

Her four fingers drummed rapidly against the pages of her book, giving off a muted thump. Her lips pursed tightly as her eyes narrowed in concentration. "Interesting. Well, shall we get ready for their coming?"

"Actually," Stephen stopped, holding up a single leather-gloved finger in the air. "he'll be here right about..." His words were cut off by a loud, booming knock. "now."

Amber raised her eyebrows again before closing her book, tucking it away in its rightful place in the bookshelf behind her. "Do we know this person?"

"Well," Stephen started, dragging out the word enough to make Amber raise an eyebrow in suspicion. "sort of."

"Sort of?"

"He's a Norse god. Ever heard of Thor Odinson, God of Thunder?"

She hummed quietly, nodding gently. "Well, bring him in."

Stephen nodded, waving his hands in the air in a fluid motion. Suddenly, Amber was standing in the corner of the room, where she previously was. She looked around the room to find Stephen gone, and the God of the Thunder standing in front of the wooden staircase, looking perplexed.

"Thor Odinson," Stephen's oddly deep voice echoed throughout the Sanctum, disclosing their guest's presence. He hovered over the staircase, towards the man. "God of Thunder."

Thor raised his umbrella defensively, eyeing Stephen.

"You can put down the umbrella." Stephen said, looking at his accessory. Thor smugly smiled, looking beside him to see an umbrella holder. He lined up the end of it with the opening, before sliding it in.

As soon as the umbrella made contact with the floor, he was transported to another room, suddenly greeted by two people now.

Stephen, and Amber.

Amber leaned against the wall, having her arms crossed against her chest loosely. Her face held a sombre frown. Beside her, Stephen leaned against a table, arms crossed as well.

In front of Thor, was another table. On it, a relic of long diamond-shaped metal pieces.

He stepped over to the table, picking up one. He gestured to their robes. "So, Earth has wizards now, huh?"