Chapter I Worst Situation

Falling asleep in the corner of the school library wasn't the best idea for Elysse. She's suffering from a torture called cramps and instead of going to the infirmary she went straight to the library. Her favorite spot is the farthest corner which most of the students rarely visit. It was quiet and peaceful plus the bonus of unlimited books, it was heaven. It was her comfortable space and for a minute or two she fell asleep.

She woke up feeling a lot better not aware of the time that it was almost past 10 o'clock at night and most of the lights are off leaving a few open. Well at least it didn't look like a haunted place. Yet still she panicked and rushed to the doors and through the hallways and to the entrance door hoping it was open. But luck was not on her side at this time, the door was shut locked from the outside.

"Oh for the love of Thor this is not happening to me!"

She tried to push and pull the door but it was useless and a stupid move to do knowing it was lock.

"Huh nice job Elysse very helpful"

Elysse jump from the sudden sound from her bag-pack.She rummage on her bag picking up her phone. 23 missed calls from her mom and a bazillion text messages, she didn't bother opening one and texted her that they work on some lame project and ended up having a sleep over of her friend's house. Although she won't let her. Getting out of the school is her top most priority for now.

"How am I supposed to get my ass out of this! Ughhhh!!"

She pulled her hair and gritted her teeth.

"Okay Elysse , think! For once use that bean size brain of yours.."

For a moment she sat at the floor thinking what to do. And for the first time in her life she didn't like the sound of silence. Story about Ghosts and things like white lady appeared in her thoughts made her hair stand on its own.

"Lalalalala the dog and the cat and the bumblebee,,,s-stay away in in the ahhh far country and soooo they sang so merrily so merrily"

She started singing and walking straight on the back of the school which lead to the parking lot praying it was open. A few minutes of half walking half running she finally reached the back door alive.

"Huh who says you can kill the mighty Elysse Jade"

She breathes deeply before opening the door and to her surprise it was open. She praised the Angels before stepping outside feeling the cold breeze of air. She was about to run straight to the back gate when she heard grunts and cough at the parking lot. Only a few lamp posts were there to lighten up the whole parking lot so it was hard to see what is happening. She can hear it clearly from the spot she was standing but she cannot see the faces just figures of two and judging from the deep voices, there's no doubt that those two figures are man.

"You know I killed hundreds of the likes of you and I won't think twice of doing it again" the voice came out deep yet husky sending shivers down her spine. Her body stiffened and collapse near the large garbage bin. She covered her mouth to stop her from making a noise.

"I wouldn't do that if I we're you, such useless guns won't kill me."

That voice again. She heard more grunts and cough, and bone cracking? She tried to peep to see what the hell is going on. Her eyes widened when a fire erupted on the other guy lying unconscious on the ground. It only takes a mere second and it was vanished on thin air.

What the hell was that?

Her mind won't let her think straight. The other guy is gone, no it vanished. She's battling with herself whether to go back inside the school. She would rather devour by ghost than to get killed by some psycho that turn his victim into nothingness leaving no corpse or she can just stay near the garbage bin smelling the unpleasant odor of trash. She shouldn't sleep on the library at the first place and it wouldn't turn out to be like this. The only thing she needs to do is not to get caught.