Chapter IV The Treat

Elysse wanted to avert her gaze but something about those eyes behind his thick glasses made her not to.

His magnetic green orbs locked her hazel ones like magnets and studied her with a predator's unwavering attention. Now it was a staring contest. For that time she was able to examine his perfect features. His tousled brown hair that badly needs a haircut looks good on him.

Get a grip of yourself Elysse and why is he looking at me like I belonged to a mental asylum?

His mouth stirred into the hint of a smirk and that was enough to free Elysse from his spell. His eyes glued back on Miss Willis endless discussion and pay no attention on her existence.

Ehhh! What the hell was that? This four eyes is getting on my nerves!

She ignored him the whole period while adding him on her list of most infuriating students in school.

Dan ended up being a walking wallet while Elysse and Julia order in to their heart's content in a fancy restaurant. Elysse ignored him after their class ended and treating her to dinner in a restaurant is one way to make it up to her.

He knows she hated sitting at the back and he failed to reserve her a seat next to him. It was his fault at the first place and he can't stand her being mad at him.

"I just can't believe you choose that living skeleton over your own cousin Daniel Summers"

Elysse stuffed some foods on her mouth while glaring at Dan. Julia made a disgusted look at her friend for eating unladylike in a restaurant. For Elysse she could care less and she was hungry. She hasn't eaten a proper meal since last night and she seems to forget about the parking lot incident.

"I said I was sorry and don't call her that. It was my chance on making a move on Jessica. She approached me and asks if she can sit next to me c'mon she's the school's most gorgeous—"

Dan paused when he saw the deathly looks Julia and Elysse were giving him. He then sat there like a behaved dog and started eating. He ended up ordering just a mushroom soup when he realizes he didn't bring that much money.

Who would have thought that Julia will tag along that added more costs of the food. He watched as the two ladies devour those delightful and mouthwatering foods on the table. He frowns as he looked at his bowl of mushroom soup.

"Hey Dan pass me that steak" Julia cried and sip some lemonade

"Dan hand that thing over" Elysse pointed some desserts while chewing a piece of chicken meat

Before anyone knew it, their plates we're all licked clean especially the two young ladies. The two looked satisfied from their finished meal especially Elysse who have eaten most of the food. But to Dan, he was disappointed since he only got a bowl of mushroom soup and a piece of pork ribs he wasn't able to fill his stomach as he intended to do before Julia came tagging along.

"Ah that was great" Elysse patted her stomach looking as if she floated to cloud nine.

"Yeah I second that" Julia said sophisticatedly threw the napkin on the table.

"Well since both of you seems to enjoy my treat let's call it a night." Dan stood from his seat and so as the two and they marched straight out of the restaurant. The three of them climbed on Dan's car when he received a text message from Jessica. The two ladies watched him as he read the message. Dan smiled ear to ear after reading.

"Don't tell me that Jennifer—"

"It's Jessica and she's asking me to take her home" Dan cuts Elysse off

"Whatever and what about us?"

Dan ended up being beaten by the two ladies for taking them on the bus stop although he got away alive and went straight to were Jessica is. Julia was able to get on her bus first while Elysse have to wait for her bus to come. They exchange hugs and goodbye's before Julia left. It wasn't that long when she got to the next bus ride home.

She sat on the front not noticing the man behind her.