Chapter 3

Tonight you and Plumeria were sitting on the couch, scrolling through different movies. Neither of you really knew what you wanted to watch, but you suggested that you could just flip through them until one caught your eye. After what seemed like and eternity of scrolling through movie after movie, Plumeria spoke up. "Oh! I've heard that one is supposed to be really good. Do you wanna watch it?" She asked. You looked at the screen. The movie title you'd stopped on was The Descent. You gulped. You weren't the biggest fan of horror flicks, and even you knew that this one had pretty decent ratings. You sighed. "If you want to, Plums." She shifted, moving her head from where it had previously rested on your shoulder so she could face you. "Don't worry, if you get scared I'll be right here." She smiled, retiring to her former position. "Fine. But if I have nightmares for a week, it's your fault." You grumbled, then pressed play.

For the first 20 minutes or so, you were fine. You could handle exposition. What you could not handle, though, was the rest of the movie. You alternated between clinging to Plumeria in a death grip, and hiding your face in her neck.

You were slightly annoyed at the small giggles you heard every time you nearly jumped out of your skin.

Finally, finally, it was over. You had never been more relived to see the credits roll in your life. Except maybe after Birdemic:Shock and Terror.

Plumeria practically had to pry you off of her. "Aw, c'mon. It wasn't that scary."
"Says the person who didn't bat an eye while watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre! And you were eating! How is that possible?" You said indignantly.

"That's my superpower." She shrugged, grinning. Once again, you enveloped her in a bear hug. "Well, now your superpower better be cuddling, otherwise I'll never be able to sleep." She reciprocated the hug, and pulled you down into the couch.

~~~

Turns out you were able to sleep, and in Plumeria's arms, you didn't really feel scared at all.