1. This Ain't Cliché

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. The birds were chirping as the warm sun leaked through my bedroom door. I woke up and rubbed my eyes while hearing the gentle classical music in the background. I walked to the bathroom and showered quickly then applied some moisturizer and some light makeup and tied my long silky hair in a pony tail.

Such a peaceful morning...

I Wish. Like where the hell did that classical music come from? This isn't a romance novel! Let me just press rewind.........

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY FAVOURITE PAIR OF JEANS!" I mentally groaned. I glanced at the clock seeing that I have 17 minutes to get ready and get the hell out of my house. I searched frantically for a good 5 minutes, dripping wet from my shower but I couldn't find it anywhere. On my bed, in my closet, in my laundry basket, in fridge...

And then it hit me.

Five precious minutes of my time wasted, only to realise that I have been wearing my jeans all along. Great way to start the day Valerie! "Ugh" I hollered. I have anger issues.

I get finish getting ready then walk around my empty house holding up my middle finger trying to release my stress. Yup, that is my strategy to make sure I don't scream at an innocent person!  My dad already left for work so I was alone. I chuckled to myself. 'Does anyone else do this or am I the only one?' I asked myself while waving my finger in the air. Wtf is wrong with me?

If you're confused as to why I'm in this situation, let me explain; 

When I was 5, my mother was pulled into a current far from the shore of the sea. Both of my parents were on vacation in Costa Rica while I was at home with my babysitter in California. Unfortunately, my mom drowned and my dad was not fast enough to save her. He managed to reach the shore and was taken to the hospital when he passed out.

Our life took a major turn when she passed away and It was never the same without her. My dad constantly tried to bring happiness into my life and reserve time to spend with me, but once I was alone, I would cry myself to sleep.

I kept on holding on to the thought that she was out there. Somewhere in the world. Happy and warm. But the truth started to sink in 6 years ago, when I was 11. 

It was still a touchy subject for me and it always will be. I would never forget all the wonderful memories we had together, but over the years I've learned to cope with it.

The vibration in my pocket brought me back to reality. I took it out and sighed. "What do you want?" I asked trying to hint that I am not in a good mood. "Just wanted to remind you that you have exactly 8 minutes and 51 seconds to get your ass to school." My best friend William said through the phone. Oh shit. "Thanks for the reminder Willie, I've got to go. Bye!" I said then hung up. 

Willie is the only person I have ever considered my friend. We were best friends since kindergarten and he was there for me when my mom died. Me and my dad had to move here, to Santa Barbara, this summer because my dad got an amazing job but me and Will still talk often.

Other than Will, I have no friends, nor do I want to have any. I used to trust everyone, but then later I realised that majority of people are fake, selfish bitches. Which is why I don't take the chance and work alone.

Sprinting to the kitchen I drank a cup of milk, grabbed my bag, car keys, and wallet and made my way to the garage.

***

I made it to my new school in record time. I got out of my Porsche car and started walking to the front of the school. My family was now quite rich due to my dad's new salary, but that doesn't mean our family is perfect.

All eyes were on me as the new girl swayed her hips. Yeah, I'm pretty and curvy but I play hard to get.

While walking, several guys ask to get my number but I declined. You're almost there.  I was one meter away from the front doors when a tall, and dare I say cute guy, maybe 2 inches taller than me, came up to me. I'm guessing this is the one guy that all the girls admired from afar in every romance novel. The one guy that would make girls kill to be next to. 

Believe it or not, that guy asked for my number. But when he did, I heard numerous gasps from behind me. 'Yup, this is definitely that one guy! I thought to myself. But as I've mentioned... I play hard to get!

"I'm sorry, but I left the sign up sheet in my car!" I said with a smile and went through the front doors without looking back. Now you are probably wondering why I'm being so mean to such a "harmless" guy, but believe me when I say, they just want to get in your pants. If he really is the right one (and that's a really big IF) then he will keep trying.

***

Cast:

These are just some GUIDELINES on their appearances so feel free to imagine them differently! 

Emma Watson as Valerie Carter

Cameron Dallas as William Lowell