Information

Because there's so much information to take in, we thought it would be apt to make an information page to help clear things up! The introduction is long enough as it is, and it still doesn't explain everything, and I'm very sorry for that. Still, I do have to set the scene. As the roleplay progresses and new factions are created or new developments occur, this will be updated. For now though, use it as a lore page to understand how everything works. If you're unsure about something or want something written on here, just send me a PM! I'm going to put everything down in bullet points to keep this short and simple, because typing it out would result in a several thousand word essay!

Meld:

Meld is normally an orange crystal when mined, but can be stored in the form of powder or a liquid. They always appear glowing orange.

There is an inexhaustible supply of Meld as it 'grows' underground, and it must be refined.

Meld when treated with electrical impulses can be used to produce designed objects while bypassing the actual construction.

Meld also alters, creates and combines biological matter.

Meld boosts normally useless, weak powers to the point where they can be used in combat. It also increases your durability significantly, but that doesn't mean you'll survive being hit by a truck. It'll just mean you take a little longer to bleed out because of it.

Meld is heavily regulated by the government and refined by very few private companies.

Powers:

When people are born, their powers are always so weak that they mamy as well not exist. They are considered 'locked'.

These abilities they are born with are more often than not random, but some are inherited.

Through time and exposure to trace amounts of Meld in the atmosphere their abilities are strengthened to usable levels.

It is only through Meld that these abilities can be used properly in combat. Prolonged exposure to large amounts of Meld cause a permanent boost to your powers, but it's nowhere near as powerful as having Meld around to use.

It is uncommon for people to be born with two abilities, but there are never people with three. These people's powers always fall into the same category.

There are five categories of abilities, as listed below.

Nature's Wrath - Abilities that fall into the category of Nature's Wrath almost always have to do with nature, the basic elements, healing or animals.

Psionics - These are abilities that have to do with the mind, including but not limited to mind control, telepathy, telekinesis and construct generation.

Matter - These are abilities that have to do with your own body, but also abilities that affect the world around you through the manipulation of matter.

Fire with Fire - These are abilities that are meant to affect other abilities, whether through amplification, reversal or nullification.

Bending Reality - These are abilities that manipulate the laws of physics, abilities that manipulate energy itself and create something out of nothing.

Animus:

Everyone has a bondmate. They are not necessarily born with them, but they develop the mental link as children normally, but some as young adults.

There is no precedence for who is bonded with who.

Based on the category of abilities each person within the bond has, they gain an additional ability. This ability works best when their bondmate is in proximity, and only one can use it at a time.