thirteen - bridge

"I'm hungry," Natsu announces to the whole group and everyone groans. Of course he's hungry. The kid doesn't stop eating.

"But we're almost there. Can't we just wait till the job is done," Lucy asks him and he crosses his eyes and looks away in defeat.

"Fine," he mutters and Happy cries flying right next to him. The regular Natsu and Happy always hungry and crying for food.

"The destination is past this bridge, through the trees, and on the sea side. It won't take us long," she says as we step foot on the bridge. It's pretty small, but when I look over the ledge it's a long fall into the ocean. The water way is pretty narrow and I could see the force of the water slamming against the side.

I look over and see Frosch and Lector hop onto the ledge. The walk on it being careful. They won't fall the ledge isn't narrow at all.

"Stop right there," someone says and we all stop to look around. Just in front of Sting and Rogue are a group of men who look like a group of thieves.

"Get out of our way," Rogue says although I can't see his face I know he looks fierce. The men don't move and only stare down at Rogue.

"Who said you could give the orders, pipsqueak," the man in the middle says. I think he's the leader because the other men grin and surround him.

"Rogue," Frosch says worried and Rogue only glances to him before slamming his fist into the man sending him flying to the side. The man slams into a large old tree that I notice cracks. Poor dude.

"Anyone else," Rogue asks boredly and surprisingly the men all run towards him thinking numbers matter which they do. But not in this case.

"I'm fired up now," Natsu grins and runs forward to fight. Am I surprised? No not in the slightest.

"Might as well join," Gray says leaving my side to join the fight.

"Boys will be boys," I say as Lucy walks over to me with Happy.

"Aye," Happy smiles.

"You got that right," Lucy replies as we both relax and watch. This won't last long.

The men go flying in different directions, but I notice many of them slam into the same tree as their Master. Something doesn't feel right about it. Just as I'm about to say something the tree begins to lean towards us. None of the boys notice because their too busy fighting. The tree begins to fall and I look to the area it's going to fall.

"Lucy. Get off the bridge now," I tell her and she nods before running off in the fights direction,

"LECTOR, FROSCH," I yell seeing the trees shadow cast down on them. Lector screams and runs off, but Frosch freezes and looks at the tree. "FROSCH!"

I pick up speed and just as the tree is about to crush Frosch and take down the bridge I grab him in my arms and jump onto the ledge then dive into the water.

[Gray's pov]

"ARIANA," Lucy screams in terror. I look around frantically for the silver haired girl, but don't see her anywhere. The bridge. It's not there anymore. I run to the edge of the cliff where the end of it once was and look down to see her backpack floating in the water.

"FROSCH," Lector yells beside me. She must've seen the bridge breaking and went to save him.

I look over to see Rogue looking into the water frantically. Part me becomes angry ice begins to seep out of my hands.