Loki's Christmas Present

"What is this?" Loki says, a book in one hand, and torn gift wrappers in the other. You look at him for a second and let out a small chuckle.

"It’s a comic book" You say, trying not to laugh. You walk over to him and look over his shoulder to see what he was seeing.

"Is this supposed to be me? This is just silly." he says with a grimace. He looks at you and sees your smile. "What? It is silly. This is far from what I look like." He turns a few pages, stops at one particular page where there was a picture of comic-Loki sitting on the throne. He stares at it for a while then lets out a deep sigh. "They got it all wrong."

"You’re right." you whisper and give him a pat on the back. You hop back to the sofa and see him looking at you with the cutest confused face.

"I prefer the 4D figure. Much hotter." you tease. He smiles and shakes his head. He is so damn adorable.

"The drawing isn’t hot at all." he says, walking towards you. He’s a few steps away. Four. Three. Two. But he stops and asks "Is it my turn?"

"I think so." you answer. Too slowly, as if making you wait on purpose, he grabs the present from under the tree. You take advantage of it -you slip your hand under the pillow to get your real gift. Just then, he turns, but he doesn’t seem to notice. He sits beside you and you get up and closer.

Your heart plays on a different rhythm. Your eyes are fixed on his hands as he opens a small black box to reveal a golden necklace.

"Tadaa!" he says softly. Your eyes shift to him. "Merry Christmas." He smiles at your dumbfounded face. He takes out the necklace, holds it for a short second, and wraps it around your neck. You feel a tingle when the metal touches your skin. You look down at the emerald that hung on your chest. Green and gold. So Loki.

He hugs you from behind. 

"It’s beautiful," you say, "it reminds me of your eyes."

You turn around and smoothly coil the scarf around his neck. He looks startled. ”Green and gold.” he says.

"Don’t flatter yourself. They’re common christmas colors."

He smiles a wide smile that put the beauty of the midnight sky to shame.