Shopping with Loki

"I'm quite ashamed of myself for not asking earlier, but what is your favorite color?" asks Loki as we walk towards the mall entrance. I give him a faux-disappointed look. 

"You've asked me about my boyfriends, or if I've ever been 'courted' by anyone. You've deciphered my defense mechanisms and lying techniques, and you haven't noticed my favorite color? Surely the god of mischief can figure that one out." I tease. He looks down and smiles.

"I have my priorities wrong, don't I?"

"It's blue today. It changes more often than it should."

He pauses, frowns, and recovers, all in one second. “Well, if you’d like to know mine-“

“I know it’s green. It’s pretty obvious.”

He shrugs in the exaggerated manner that I do when I shrug. I think my ways are rubbing off on him as his rub off on me. We get to the middle of the mall. I look around. Of course he wouldn’t be familiar with any of the shops here, so I pick one that looks classy-and-affordable. I give him a quick onceover. I was getting tired of the black shirt and black jeans that he wore every day. He looked like he was in his emo stage. I shake my head and drag him in.

“What exactly are we doing here?” he asks.

“I’m giving you a Midgardian makeover.”

“Hey! I love Asgardian wear!” he starts to go the other way.

“Don’t worry, you’ll still look like the sexy god you are.” At last, he follows. We walk over to where the male tops were. I grabbed an appropriate-sized blue sweater and a green v-neck. I bring him to the fitting rooms.

“Try these on –and I want to see them. I’ll be back with a few jeans.”

“What j-“

“Trust me, you’ll look hot.” I assure him. He reluctantly gets inside the fitting room. Meanwhile, I search for the perfect jeans that go with the shirts I got and excitedly return to him.

He comes out wearing the v-neck first. Typical Loki the green lover. I gasp and nod.

“What?” he said, evidently conscious about how he looked in human clothes.

“I like that. Let’s get that and another color. Any color in mind?”

“Blue.” He says with a grin. I return his expression and stare while he dons the sweater. It clung to him perfectly, showing the godly shape that he has and obscuring whatever I didn’t feel like sharing with the public. I smile even wider at the thought of calling him mine. I feel like telling him, but I shrug it off because his smirk tells me that he already knows. A laugh slips through his lips. I give him a questioning face.

“After this, let me pick something for you.”

He wants to pick something for me? Wow. It’s mostly curiosity that makes me say “Deal.” I didn’t know his taste for clothing. Not yet.

We get a basket and put everything he tried on there. He then drags me to the ladies’ section. He looks around, searching for something that would suit me. His face lights up and he snatches my hand. He picked a blue long-sleeved dress out of nowhere and gave it to me. I check the tag –small. He knows my size.

“I think it would look perfect on you.” He says, now leading me to the fitting room. With a smile, I try it on. I look at myself first before coming out. He was right. It did suit me.

“Hey.” I say, and his head shoots up to look at me. To my deep satisfaction, his eyes widen. He opens his mouth to speak but closes it just as quickly. I’m in shock. The god of mischief who had the fastest mind for retorts and witty comebacks –speechless. I rendered him speechless. Me, a mere mortal.

After a quick staring contest, I decide to break the silence. “I think I’m wearing it on Christmas.”

“Is Christmas really that special to Midgardians?”

“Yes. To me anyway. But not all humans celebrate it. Seriously, it’s their loss.”

“I see. I suppose I am going to celebrate a Midgardian holiday here.” He looks down at his hands. I hold them. “You don’t have to, you know.”

“I know.”