Their haunting me

I sat in the doctors office, waiting in the guest chair for the doctor to return with my mom. I scanned the room, narrowing my eyes, I've only been here a couple of times, but I still think he re-arranges the place every time I come.

I sat in front of a large desk, The name plate 'Dr. Zombonsky' was printed in grey and black letters. Beside it was a cabinet, it was labeled with different files.

The carpet was a dark blue, and at the door there was a scale, I was tempted to go stand on it, a voice inside me told me not to. I looked down and fiddled with my hands, my long dark brown hair falling into my face. I was here to see what was wrong with me,

Because really, I wasn't normal. First of all, I hear things and My mom thinks I have some personality problems, so I came here today to see what else I have, but I really don't think anything is wrong with me.

The door opened to my left and a grey haired man - my doctor - and my mother came out. I looked at my mother nervously, her long blonde hair was up in a tight pony tail, her blue eyes focusing on the floor expressionless. The doctor gently set my folder on his desk and motioned my mom to sit down, I gulped.

When my mom was seated beside me she didn't look at me, she just stared intently at Dr.Zombonsky. I felt a little pang inside my chest, but pushed it away, she must just be focusing right now I told myself. A little voice inside me knew that wasn't it.

"So miss Weasel" he started, his voice deep. I rolled my eyes. I hated my last name, especially because the way people said it; as if I was a lower peasant or something.

" I have looked over your results with your Psychiatrist, and come up with many results" I couldn't contain my groan, suddenly the room got colder, my hair on my arms slowly began to rise. no no no I thought fearfully, the voices are coming back.

Something out of the corner of my vision moved my head snapped towards it to find nothing. I couldn't shake off the feeling someone was watching me "Think you have gotten rid of us?" It hissed and then tsk-ed at me "you should've known better, now I'll have to punish you" he taunted. I grabbed my ears, "I'm not afraid of you" I chanted, rocking back and forth in my chair.

Someone grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me, "Rebecca!". I screamed and fell off the chair. I quickly looked up, my mother was standing over me with a look on her face I didn't recognize on her; fear.

I was confused, why was she so scared of me? What did I do? I saw the scratch on her arm, I gasped, I must've done that when I fell.

Dr. Zombonsky stood beside her, staring down at me in surprise, "tell them all your crazy" he whispered snickering. "No" I whispered softly, "I'm not crazy." Dr. Zombonsky whispered something to my mother and she nodded leaving, I stared at the ground in fear and the feeling of abandonment washed over me, why wouldn't anyone try to help me?

"Because your not worth it, you've never been worth it, that's why you have no friends, now look, even your mother is abandoning you" I watched my mother leave, she never turned around to glance at me, the door slammed shut after her.

The room was suddenly normal temperature again, but I stayed on the ground numb staring at the ceiling, replaying the scene that just happened. The voices had come when I really didn't want them to and now showed my mother and my doctor that I wasn't getting better, great.

Dr. Zombonsky sat at his desk, I glanced at him. "why don't you get off the ground? I think the chairs more comfier" he smiled, I could tell it was fake.

I slowly got up, my fear ebbing away as I looked around and nothing was wrong. I sat down, slouching not wanting to be here. "So we have came up with many illness's" I stared at the wall behind him. What if I really was useless? What if the voice was right? That no one cares, no one will help me. They think I'm crazy.