Chapter 1

Chapter 1

„Welcome to Seoul! ", I heard someone saying.

I opened my eyes and saw a smiling stewardess in front of me.

Woah, I must fell asleep.

When I looked down from the window I saw Seoul, where it already was night now.

Yes you heard right! Seoul, South Korea!

Now you're maybe wondering why a 16-years old girl was flying from Toronto to Seoul by herself.

My parents suddenly disappeared.

Well, disappeared sounds a little weird but they really did.

When I came back from school two days ago my parents weren't home anymore.

They took most of their stuff and left my clothes, my laptop, my passport, a plane ticket to Seoul, a paper with an address and a phone number and a little note.

Minah,

we are really sorry that we just left without telling you or saying "goodbye" to you.

Appa and Omma have to go somewhere and hide for a while. We will be back in two months, promised! We left a paper with an address and a phone number of your aunt who lives in Seoul. We also left a plane ticket to Seoul. In two days you have to go to Seoul! Your aunt has already prepared everything for you so you don't have to worry much. She will wait for you at the airport and bring you to a safe place where you can stay. She'll explain to you everything when you're there.

We will write or call you as soon as we can. We are very sorry honey.

Saranghae, your mum and dad.

"We will land in Seoul soon. Please be in your seats and put the seatbelt around you in ten minutes. Thank you."

I decided to go to the bathroom since we will finally land in Seoul.

I washed my hands and looked into the mirror. That person in the mirror looked horrible. I looked like someone who slept on the streets for weeks.

I put my used-to-be-straight-now-looking-like-I-had-a-science-accident hair in a messy bun, put some councilor, eyeliner, rouge and lip balm on my face and looked into the mirror again. That person still looked horrible but a little better now and not like someone who slept on the streets for weeks.

"Please go back to your seats and put the seatbelt around you. We are about to land."

I went back to my seat, put my belt around me as they told us to and looked out of the window.

Wow, I am really in Seoul again.

When I was little I lived in Seoul and went to school until I was 8 years old. Half of my life as you can tell.

Then my parents decided to move to Toronto because my dad found a better job there.

I had to leave everything behind me and started a new life. A better life.

When I lived in Seoul I had no friends. No one wanted to play with me or watch movies with me because my parents hadn't much money.

They bullied me because I was "poor". Just because I couldn't afford the same dolls as them or the other things because they were TOO expensive for my family. They also bullied me because I looked different.

My mum is Korean but my dad is half Korean and German which explains why my eyes looked a little different.

They were bigger and my eye colour was brown with a little green in it.

But when my family and I moved to Toronto everything got better. My dad got a really good job. People would call us rich there.

But I didn't really care about money. I wasn't stuck up like the people that used to bully me.

The most important things to me were my family and my best friends.

It was really hard for me to leave them and come to Seoul by myself.

I was also scared of coming to Seoul because I didn't want to experience everything a second time:

Getting bullied, having no friends, being alone.

When I arrived in Seoul, I texted my aunt that I finally arrived and that I was waiting for my suitcases.

Minutes later I got a text from her saying that she's waiting for me in front of the airport.

I got my two suitcases, which only had the important things like clothes in it.

I left most of my things back home.

I walked to the front door of the airport and saw my aunt waiting for me.

At first I didn't recognize her because it had been 8 years (!!) since I saw her the last time.

She had short hazel brown hair now and looked much happier.

Next to her was a men who looked like he was in her age. I think that's her husband.

She married him four years ago and today was the first time I saw him

Because I didn't recognize her at first I looked at a different direction after I saw her.

"MINAHHH!", I heard someone screaming.

I turned around and saw my aunt waving at me.

"We are here!", she said.

How embarrassing I am, I thought. I didn't even recognize my own aunt.

"Annyeonghaseyo" I told my aunt and bowed.

I turned to her husband. "Annyeonghaseyo I am Minah" I said and bowed.

"Hello Minah" they said and my aunt hugged me.

They asked me how the flight was.

"It was okay. I am just really tired although I was sleeping for hours."

"Ah, we understand. Why don't we just drop you off at the place you will be living for the next two months.

Tomorrow morning we will come again and then we will explain you everything.", my aunt asked me smiling at me.

I looked at my phone. It was already 2AM here. Then I looked at my aunt and she also seems to be really tired.

"Yeah sure. That sounds good!"

Her husband offered me to take my suitcases but I said no.

"It's not heavy. Really! Thank you for the offer.", I said smiling at him.

He shook his head and took my suitcases.

"Okay, I give up!", I said and we both started laughing.

Her husband was driving a black combo.

I was wondering why his car was so big although they were only two people.

"I am the Manager of a boyband called GOT7 and I need a really big car so that the seven members can fit in.", he said while he was driving but I didn't listen to him because I was so tired and almost sleeping.

"Ah, Minah! By the way, you have to share..."

I couldn't hear what my aunt was saying because I already was in my dreamworld.

~~~~~

Hey everyone!

That was Chapter 1.

I hope you liked it.

This is my first fanfic in English so I am very sorry if there are any mistakes. Please tell me if you find one.

What do you think of this Chapter? What do you expect of this fanfic?

I would be veryyy happy if you leave me a comment with your opinion.

Thank you for reading this, it really means a lot to me.

Saranghae

Danya