Prologue

*My interpretation of Ellen

~Ellen~

You've really done it now. You could have chosen anyone.

I grabbed my things and went to Gala's room. I strode over to the bed where my 3 year old daughter lay, sleeping peacefully, and lightly shook her awake. She opened her chocolate brown eyes and looked up at me.

"Mommy?" She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"We're leaving" I said softly. I quickly grabbed some of her things and put them in my bag. I slung the bag over my shoulder and picked her up. I practically ran out of the door and escaped to somewhere I knew was safe. For the time being.

15 Years Later

I can't believe my children are almost all grown up. They're in highschool already. Time has really flown by all these years. I smiled to myself and put the last dish away to dry, admiring the garden outside my window. Life seemed too perfect and I knew it had to come to an end soon. I sighed and dried my hands on a cloth that I kept beside the sink. I walked through the house to check and see what my children were doing. Gala, who was now 18, was laying on her bed reading. Fane, who was now 15, was doing his homework with his friend from school. I'm still not completely convinced that their only friends though. I frowned at the thought but shook it off and chose to ignore the possibility.

~Gala~

One year later

I heard some small footsteps in the middle of the night and got out of bed. I didn't leave my room until I heard the front door shut. After waiting for a few moments I opened the front door and became invisible when I saw Fane with his 'friend' from school. I see them everywhere together. I narrowed my eyes and kept quiet, listening in on their conversation.

"You have to leave?" He said loudly and she nodded. "But you're my best friend you can't just leave"

"It's ok we'll be reunited" She smiled and kissed him. He became confused and the way he looked at her changed.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I am unimportant to you" She smiled sadly and walked back to the black car she arrived in. I turned and went back inside. I made myself visible again and waited for him to open the door.

"What are you doing outside at this time of night?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I don't know but there was a girl outside" He furrowed his brows and went back to his room in deep thought.

~Ellen~

I just got finished making breakfast when I heard a knock at the door. I knew this knock. Luckily the children were at school so I wouldn't have to hide them. I got out my letter that I had written long ago to them just in case I wouldn't be here to explain what was happening in person. I set the letter down on one of the kitchen counters. I wrapped up their breakfast so that it wouldn't spoil and went to answer the door. He stood outside waiting patiently with a devious smirk on his face.