Chapter 2

~Fane~

After we opened the door, what was revealed to us was chaos to say the least. There was naked people drowning and fighting. Everyone was screaming, laughing sadistically, and some of the people were even dismembered. Luckily Gala is part elf and she is able to make us invisible. We decided to walk as slow as possible, just in case. About half way there I started having some weird visions. I stopped and Gala turned around to look at me with a concerned expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm having visions all of the sudden" I said rubbing my head like they might come back to me.

"Well we did go through dream levels to get here" She suggested with a shrug.

"No they're more like memories that I've forgotten that are coming back but I don't remember them" I argued.

"What are your visions about?" She asked raising a brow.

"This girl but I can't see her face and I don't know her name or recognize her"

We stood outside the house for a long while just staring at it.

"Are you ready?" Gala asked chewing on her lower lip harshly.

"Yeah" I didn't like the hesitation I was having because it was so unlike me.

We entered the house, cautiously, and I followed Gala as she walked slowly down the hallway. She shushed me as we came up to a pair of double doors. She opened one slightly, peering in, and signaled me when she didn't see my mother's kidnapper. The room followed the rest of the house's theme, a mixture of being eloquent and modern. We saw our mother, sitting in a big chair piled with cushions, and ran to her.

"Why are you two here?" She asked surprised

"To save you" I said happily but she only looked confused.

"Did I not state clearly in my letter to you two that I don't need to be saved and that I'm not kidnapped?" She asked and now it was our turn to be confused.

"Then what was the point of coming here? To have these visions? I had such a strong feeling of determination and it felt like this was my calling" I let out a frustrated sigh.

"What visions?" My mother asked furrowing her brows.

"I've been having these visions of a girl but I can't see anything but her silhouette" I sighed. "But it's more like a memory that I can't remember"

"I see" She said rubbing her chin thoughtfully. Then her thoughtful look turned into a distant one. "You did have a friend growing up that you would hang out with everyday but she disappeared and you forgot about her like you hadn't even met her"

"Do you know something about that?" Gala and Mom shared a knowing look.

"I think you two should sit" Mom suggested. "I have a couple of things I need to share with you Fane"

After sitting my mom began to explain some things to me that I thought she should've told me a little bit earlier.

"I know who this girl is because she was your best friend but I also know that she was your mate. You didn't know that and I believe that you have come on this journey, not for me, but for your mate. I also want to tell you that the man who 'kidnapped' me is your father, I just wanted to raise you and Gala outside of this place and somewhere safer"

"Do you know the name of this girl or at least what she looks like?" I asked curiously.

"Of course but I am forbidden to tell you" She said looking down at the dark grey carpet.