02

Veronica and Betty had decided to spend the rest of the lunch learning a cheer routine that Veronica had learned previously. So, Natasha excused herself so she could go back to the library, only if she promised Veronica she would be at her tryout after school and hiding in the library would not be an everyday occurrence (which it most likely will be).

Slowly retracing her steps to the library, Tash looked into rooms she passed closely in case at some point she had to be there. After looking into a classroom that was clearly a science lab, and one a history room with multiple maps and flags, she looked into a room that could only be a music room.

In the music room was instruments such as guitars, brass and woodwinds. But what was more interesting about the room wasn't the posters about reading sheet music, but was Archie Andrews and a woman who could only be Ms. Grundy, the teacher whom he was to meet.

They appeared to be in the middle of a heated conversation, and curiosity forced Tash to open the door slightly to hear what they were saying.

' I don't think we should be alone together," She heard the woman say, "If this is you trying to restart something that never should've started in the first-"
"No, it's not. It is about the music. But it's also," Archie sighed, "Come on, I need to be able to talk about what happened with someone," He said and Tasha's eyebrows shot up with interest, "We heard what we heard and afterwards, we didn't do anything. We didn't say anything."

"We heard fireworks," Grundy insisted.
"Who's lighting fireworks at 6:00 in the morning?" Archie countered.
" How would we explain why we were together at Sweetwater River at 6:00 a. m. on the Fourth of July?" The woman rationalized, "And you're right. We didn't say anything. We're both going to have to live with that choice. Do you understand? I think you should pursue your music, but not with me," Grundy said and Tash slid away, smirking with the new information she had.

Continuing down the hallway, she kept checking classrooms hoping to run into some more secrets.

Once Tash reached the library again she went straight to the librarians desk to ask her for the book she needs. Normally she would find it herself, but her mind was racing. A gunshot. Archie and Grundy. No body.

"I-I need a map of Riverdale. Do you have one?" She stuttered to the librarian Mrs. Palinski. The woman smiled kindly, getting out of her chair and leading the girl down an aisle of books, pulling one out and flipping to the last page, "here you go dear."

"Thank you," Tash said and as soon as the woman made her way back to her desk she rushed to a table, pulling out her notebook and writing down everything she knew.

Then, she turned her attention to the map of Riverdale. And after examining it closely, she came to conclusion that Sweet Water River has both a beginning and end in Riverdale, meaning that if Jason Blossom did drown in the river his body would be there.

"Either he didn't drown, or someone took the body."

•••

"We're blue! And gold! We're dynamite! We'll take you down, and fight the fight! Whoo! Go, Bulldogs!" Tash watched her sister and Betty perform a simple cheer after school.

As promised, Tash showed up to the cheer tryouts to watch, much to Veronica's delight. Natasha had simply kept to her word because she wanted to get on Cheryl's good side, in order to hopefully question her about the true events of July Fourth.