nine

"Jimin!" Yoongi managed to catch up to the boy just as he was opening the door to the drivers seat of Yoong's car. "Please let me explain." Jimin gave a dry chuckle crossing his arms over his chest.

"Explain Yoongi? Explain what? You didn't tell me when I asked and now you've probably thought of some shitty excuse. I don't want to hear it." The smaller boy was no longer smiling his eyes cold and intense compared to his usually gentle gaze.

"Jimin-" Jimin held up a hand to stop the boy. Yoong's eyes were filled with sadness and he gulped stopping himself from saying anything in fear of upsetting his boyfriend more.

"Give me the keys. I want to drive." Yoongi didn't object as he handed the keys over to Jimin, his large hand covering his smaller one. Their fingertips touched and usually where Yoongi felt sparks of nervousness through his system, he felt nothing...

Jiimin opened the door getting inside the car as Yoongi moved to the passengers seat. The ride was silent. Neither of them uttering any words.

Jimin was still mad, but more upset now as he tried to calm himself.

Yoongi was mad too, but at himself. Why couldn't he have just told Jimin the truth? If he had they wouldn't be fighting. They wouldn't be distant, and a ten minute car ride wouldn't seem an hour long.

A shrill ring rang through the atmosphere snapping Yoongi out of his thoughts as he turned to his phone. He glanced up at Jimin but the boy had his eyes firmly on the road, his knuckles clenched tight around the wheel.  Yoongi sighed and picked up the phone when realizing it was a call from Hoseok.

"Hello?"

"Hey Yoongs, I know you're on a date but could you bring home dinner? I'm not feeling well enough to cook today. Maybe some Chinese or just pizza."  Hoseok's voice rang through the phone and Yoongi ended the call after replying with a sad 'ok' which Hoseok didn't catch.

This was gonna be a long ride.

•••

a/n: sorry this flashback is taking forever