How do you feel? Part 1.

It was a stormy night, 7:30 pm, as Marina's mother was cooking dinner. Marina was out on a date with a boy, while her father was perched on the couch.

Marina's Mother: Dinners Ready!

Marina's father walked over silently and seated himself onto the dining chair. Not making eye contact, he stared at his food. Breaking the silence, he finally spoke, "Uh.. What's this?" He questioned Marina's mother with a disgusted look.

         "It's chicken, your favorite. It is your birthday so I decided to make chicken. What's wrong with that?" She questioned taking in some offense.

         "Chicken? This isn't chicken. It's not even cooked. And another thing! It's bad enough I have to spend my birthday with this family. Where's your daughter?" He said with a negative tone. He showed no care for the way he was acting.

       "Excuse you. She's out with a boy" She replied while trying to keep calm after all the negativity her husband threw at her.

        "Another Boy? Isn't it the 6th boy this week?" He asked shocked in a surprised and shocked tone, but also with his modern, boring angry tone.

       "She is going through a very tough time right now. Besides, this is all just a phase. It will blow over next month." She replied, now calm.

      "I mean.. your still in the phase..." He replied.

       "Me? What are you trying to imply?" Marina's mother strictly questioned.

      "That you come home late, everyday!" He said with anger getting riled up.

       "I come home late everyday, because I need to work extra hours sense you won't find yourself a job! We are struggling with money. We are going to have to move soon if you don't pick your lazy ass up off the couch and go out and get a job." She said firmly. 

      "You know what? I'm done. This conversation is over." He said and the only thing she replied with only 1 word, "Fine."

         As Marina's mother walked away and upstairs, while Marina's Father started eating. It was lonely at the dinner table with no company, but he pushed the loneliness emotion out of his head.

       The door opened and Marina walked in, with a boy her father had no memory of ever meeting. Marina and the boy turned to her dad and shut the door. Marina called, 'I'm home!". Her father's head turned slowly to the door, facing Marina and this new boy she was with. "Who the hell is that?" He questioned Marina giving no expression or greeting.

        "My friend, Jet, Dad..." She quietly whispered loud enough for him to here, scared of what he was going to reply with.

         "Just.. Friends?" He asked sternly looking at Jet.

         "Dad! What's wrong? Are you drunk again?" She asked, embarrassed that this was all happening for Jet to see with his own 2 eyes.

          "Yes, I'm drinking away my disappointments. For another thing, Jet, Get out." He said not looking Jet or Marina in the eyes.

         Marina turned to Jet in disappointment. "I'm sorry Jet, I'll see you tomorrow."

        Without one single noise from Jet, Jet made his way to the door and left the house. As he did, Marina started to make her way upstairs.

         "And where do you think your going?" Her father asked.

          "Away from you." Marina said and ran upstairs without saying anything else. She walked into her room and slammed her door, pouncing onto her couch and she started to dial a number on her phone. She waited for the person on the other line to pick up and sat there. 

"Celeste..."

"Hey, Is everything okay?"

"No, I literally walk into my house, to be bombarded by my drunk father as always.. He completely humiliated me! In front of Jet!"

"Don't get to upset! He will probably forget about it in the morning anyways so.. you should try to forget about it to."

"I always have to forget.. This really sucks.."

"It will be okay, and you can come over tomorrow! After school!"

"Watch netflix?"

"You know it"

"Thanks, love ya"

"Love ya to, Be happy!

"I'm trying..Heh.. Later"

        She stood up from her couch and stumbled over to her bed. She layed down and turned off her bedroom light. She looked at her ceiling and thought about what happened in her head. Soon she slowly started closing her eyes and dozed off.