Chapter 2

The sun came up After a long rest with no warmth In a cell. With chains. Imagine how comfy that is.My neck ached with pain and stress.I was hungry and probably caught a cold.Where's my breakfast? I should at least get breakfast before I die. A guard walked by"Get up you mouthy no good for nothing boy" The guard from before. How lovely. I did as told and walked with the chains still holding my hands together. I passed Niel and he gave me a worried look and mouth the words"I'll save you Brandon."I was happy that he cared about me.. Wait no I hate him. He's a jerk.I can't even acknowledge my own feelings. I didn't understand my own feelings. I brushed him and my Hunger to the side. I had to think of a plan. I looked back to see a guard holding my tome,  another was reading my journal. My long hair crept out from behind my ears. I have long pointy elf like ears. I decided to yank the Chains back."Hey what do you think your doing Boy?!"the guard staggered backwards giving me full access to land a chain blow to the head. "Let's get em boys! " The guard behind me called. I got ready to fight.Been a while since I've kicked butt. Maybe it's time to get back into the swing of things.I quickly Spun around to see another guard. He held up his sword ready to slice me. I held up my chains so he would cut them. He did. I punched the guard in the nose causing him to drop his sword. I took the advantage and picked it up. I didn't really know how to use one of these either. I just aimed for a guy and swung at him. I ended up Impaling him and causing me to stop. I just killed a man. Was he innocent? Yes. Did he try to kill me only because that was his job? Yes again. I felt bad but at the same time I just wanted to figure out where I was. And how many cool adventures I would have.I Dropped the sword, picked up my items and ran. As I was running I came upon a sign that said: Small town of Gorle.So that's where I was, Gorle. I stopped running and saw that no one had chased me. I ran back hoping to find money. I checked each guard. They all had a total of 100 coins meaning they both had 50 each.As I took the money and turned around, I ran into someone. It was Niel."So you finally got out did you?"Niel said this with a totally different attitude When I passed him"What are you talking about?! Your the one who offered to save me!"I spat out venom in my words. "Hmm I don't recall that." Niel was starting to win again. "I seem to recall you were the one who fed me." Niel flinched and turned a little red."Ha! I win "Suddenly I was Slammed against the wall held by Niel himself. " Listen up Brandon. I don't suppose you know.I don't like to lose. I haven't lost this little game that You seem to play with me. I will win this game. You'll be the one to lose. I hope you die alone with no wife. Wife? Ha boy I'm a girl. You just don't know that because I look and act like a guy.I'll be having a husband and he certainly ain't and won't be you.I thought to myself while sweating. I wasn't used to being this close to a guy before. So I squirmed To try to make him loosen his grip. Niel's grip became tighter."Stop that!you realize you'll never make it without me. "He was right. I hate to admit it, but he was right. I wasn't going to make it without him. I wouldn't survive. " I do realize that But something tells me you don't know how to survive either"I Said as invisible arrows pierced him in the heart. Right there and then I felt a hand go across my face. I was slapped. Ouch.. That hurt. That hurt way less than the suffocation of your smelly breath I thought. I couldn't do anything except "Let me go Niel." I wasn't really that mad at him. I was just hungry. I haven't had breakfast Or anything. "I'll let you go this once. but know this: I'm not losing our little game Brandon. I will win." Niel had a lot of courage. I admired that about him. "Of course you will" I said back eager to get out. Niel released his grip on me and Sighed. "You know your one strange fellow Brandon" Did he call me strange? This might be a good friendship after all. "Thank you. I know I have a sparkling personality with all the good looks." I laughed and started to head for the little town of gorle.