Chapter 1

"Listen up Maielle, you musn't go near those mortals, they are dangerous you hear?" said my mother when I was young child. She would always tell me to stay away from mortals, excuse me, humans. I just think that calling humans, 'mortals'  is just isn't right in my opinion. But I would have to follow her orders, since she is one of the leaders of our clan, the Payton Clan. We're ranked second most feared clan of them all, and I don't want to say the number one most feared. I am truly scared of them. But anyways, my mom would always tell me folklores of humans doing bad things to vampires like us. "I knew a friend of mine a few hundred years ago who had fallen in love with a mortal girl, but only did he wound up burning at the stake a few years later, the poor, poor man," says my mother while placing her hand where her beatless heart is, while showing 'sadness' in her eyes.

Of course I knew that part was true, humans didn't like vampires back then, but now humans write books and movies on vampires, my favourite show is Vampire Diaries. But my mom doesn't know how much this world has changed their view on us. She tells me that she feeds on the bad humans, hmmm that tells me that she does have heart to liking humans, but nope she just tells me that 'the blood tastes better'. As I believe that mom. I know it and you know it too, why not just admit it you love humans. I would say that all the time in my head because, if I told her, she would just out right deny as usual.

As I got older, the more I felt like I was old enough to move out of the house. In human years, I was 18 years old but in vampire years I was 100 years old. But if only I had the money. One day I was walking through the forest, I found a little wood house. So I decided to check it out. As I walked in, there was nobody home, how could I tell you ask? Well I could tell by looking at all the dust and cobwebs everywhere. But, with some cleaning and rearranging things around, I call this place home. As I walked back home I told mom about the small house in the woods and that it was perfect for me to move into, it was near home so she could keep 'her eye on me'. After what felt like hours of convincing her, she finally said yes. So I started to pack my things, in two suitcases was m wardrobe, and three boxes of some of my precious items. 

So the next day I moved into that small house in the forest. It took me around four or five hours to clean up that dusty place, but it was worth it. I also did some renovation to outside of the house as well. I put up those windchimes near the front door and also started making a flower bed as well. After all that I went back inside and fell asleep. I loved this place with all my heart, my own home.

I hoped you readers liked this first chapter :D I know it seems boring at first, but I'm just telling Maielle's past first, but I promise to get to the good stuff alright? Hey have you checked out the cover photo? I give the credit to EXOtic_Devil for making it for me ^_^