SEVENTEEN

SILENCE is the first thing to greet Kwon Hyuk when he pulls open the door to Krystal Jung's apartment. Then there was the soft thumping of paws against cherry wood before a ball of gray fur and bright green eyes greet him.

"Did you miss me?" He asks quietly as he picks Luna up, scrunching his face slightly when she starts to lick his cheek. A laugh escapes his mouth and a smile pulls at his lips as he places Luna back on the ground gently, "Where's Soojung, Luna?"

Luna mewls quietly, brushing against Hyuk's shoe before walking off, and he follows behind with a small smile. The first thing he notices is the strong smell of alcohol, cigarettes, and old take out. Then the sources: bottles of Soju strewn on the floors and cabinets, liquid still leaking from them, some shattered, damp pieces covering the floor, boxes of take out, half eaten, littering the cabinets, and then a trail of smoked and fresh cigarettes tossed in every which direction.

Hyuk frowns at the sight. What had happened while he was away?

Luna leads him to a room at the end of the hall that he recognizes as Krystal's room. The door is cracked slightly, but the apartment is still silent as ever. He takes a hesitant step closer, glancing back in time to see Luna making her way back to the living room. He shakes his head at the sight, so much for sticking together.

Hyuk places a gentle hand on the door then, prepared to push it open only for it to come flying open. And he barely has time to react when Krystal comes barreling into his arms. Their bodies collide in a jumbled mess, him grabbing her hips clumsily while she wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him down for a kiss.

The intoxicating spell that is her overwhelms him then, and he smiles against her lips, only for it to fall when he pulls back and she starts to pepper kisses on his neck.

"What are you-" He starts to ask but she simply places her finger gently against his lips.

"Just feel, okay?" Is her quiet response that makes him nod as he allows her to pull him closer.

And Hyuk doesn't remember much after that, but he knows that in the midst of shedding their clothes, that he became vulnerable. They didn't just offer themselves to each other that night, but their hearts as well.

But that night, he wasn't afraid.

That night, was the first night in a while that Hyuk truly felt everything would be okay. That night, it was just him and her. And there was nothing holding them back, nothing threatening to destroy the world of comfort and trust they had begun to build between them.

That night Krystal Jung felt loved for the first time in years.

And that night, Kwon Hyuk allowed himself to love without restraint.