Chapter 5

After their quarrel with Oculus, Nona and Decim took Ginti back to his own floor. They placed him on a futon on the floor and then kept him under the watchful eye of Clavis.

"What do you plan to do?" Asked Decim in his monotoned voice. Nona said nothing and walked ahead of Decim. They entered the elevator and entered the floor of Castra.

"Hey, Nona! Weren't you just in here?" Castra took the sucker she was eating out of her mouth and smiled at Nona and looked at Decim. She smiled a small smile at him and said in a light hearted voice, "Oh, I see you brought him too. I don't think we've actually met. I'm Castra. I oversee the deaths here. I also send you the humans you judge. No need to thank me." She giggled slightly at her own joke and Decim smiled back. He bowed and returned the introduction.

"Now then, Nona. What brings you here this time?" Castra raises an eyebrow at Nona and glances at her from under her skull helmet. Nona says plainly with her arms crossed, "I need help."

"Oh?" Asked Castra intrigued.

"I have a feeling Oculus is about to become the newest God. That is unacceptable." Castra stopped what she was doing and squared herself to Nona, giving Nona her full attention. She asked, "Unacceptable? How so, Nona?" Decim looked at Nona in curiosity.

"He will doom us all." Nona uncrossed her arms and spoke clearly and darkly. Castra could finally grasps the severity of what Nona was saying.

"Nona, I don't want to get in trouble. My job is hard enough as it is."

"Your job is about to get a lot harder if Oculus takes over, understand that." Castra and Nona's eyes were locked together and neither blinked. Castra was in deep contemplation and then finally said, "What do I have to do." Nona walked up to the screen Castra was sitting in front of and then began to unfold her plan to Castra. Decim listened closely.

"Utter take over. Shut down the system, and then take over from the inside. If we manage the flow of the death tole, then we can manage the judging system. We have to show them that we can defy the system and that there are other ways to judge. In order to do that, we have to predestine what will happen every time. I want you to call a mass judgment."

"What?! Nona, that's impossible! If we brought that many people here, then it would seem like a mass murder that we committed!"

"Exactly. Make arbiters fear and suffer for once. Show them what it is like to fully comprehend the depth of life. If we bring that much death here, don't you think it would start something?" Castra couldn't comprehend what Nona was saying. Decim didn't either. He stood back and listened in astonishment.

"Nona, you can't be serious. You...this is...wow..." Castra was too stunned to form proper sentences.

"Castra, you know what I'm asking, and you know it is the only way to make them understand."

"...All right...I hope I don't regret this." Castra connected a cord and then handed something to Nona. Nona took a deep breathe and spoke through the microphone.

"To all arbiters, prepare yourselves. There will be a mass judgment that will soon take place. Everyone is to report to the fiftieth floor. I wish you all the best of luck with your judgments." Nona put down the microphone and turned silently. Her earrings jingled as she walked. Decim followed silently and they left Castra's room. However, right before they walked out, Nona said over her shoulder, "Let the judgments begin, Castra." With that, Castra pressed a few keys on her screen and all arbiters received the memories from every human that was about to appear for judgment.

Decim shut his eyes tightly and grabbed his head. He groaned in pain and stumbled.

"What-what is happening?"