You Think I'm Pretty Without Any Make-Up On

Blaine Anderson grew up with performing with his older brother, his mother's enthusiasm and his father's distant but proud look. When that last one faltered after he came out, Blaine did everything in his power to get it back. It didn't take much; Blaine always accomplished what he set his mind to do.

He was out in school too. Even after what had happened in his old school. It was who he was and he was proud. No one would make him think like being himself was wrong.

Blaine had one big passion: performing. That's what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. He wanted to live in New York and perform in a Broadway stage every night.

***

Kurt Hummel was always the guy who was left alone. He tried to have friends, but they always preferred other kids when it was time to work in group or beg their mothers to let them go to their house and play. He tried to be nice to people as he grew older, but no one was ever nice to him back. Except for his father. Burt Hummel was there for everything (even before Kurt finally told his father he was gay – and even if Burt had known such fact even since Kurt was three years old and asked for a pair of sensible heels for his birthday).

So when Kurt finally got to high school, he didn't have many friends. None as a matter of fact.

Those who didn't preferred others instead of him were vile and sadist. Mean. His bullies.

But it didn't matter. None of that mattered. He had only two years left and then he'd be free from this hellhole of city, off to New York to a great acting school to follow his dreams.

He only had to survive high school.

***

Amongst the many clubs and classes in his life, Blaine had a crush.

Someone that made Blaine sigh and the world stopped being the noisy, hard place it was to focus on one person. Someone with beautiful blue eyes and a perfectly styled hair and an impressive wittiness.

Kurt Hummel.

But how could Kurt Hummel, the guy that looks and sounds like an angel, the guy that dresses like he just got out a shooting for a Vogue cover every day, who is so much more mature than anyone else their age, be interested in him?

Him, Blaine, who was short and had triangular eyebrows and hair problems and had very few true friends and was co-captain of the Cheerios – which was such a high school thing - ?

***

Kurt Hummel may not know much about the world and especially love, but he knows what he feels in his heart.

Kurt has a crush. A crush that is just plain classified as pining by his few friends.

And his crush is Blaine Anderson, the guy with expressive, big eyes and styled hair, co-captain of the Cheerios and lead-soloist of the Glee Club, valedictorian and nice with every single living thing.

Kurt would always steal a glance his way as they crossed paths in the corridor or had a class together. He'd try not be too obvious, but sometimes he forgot one minute of looking at the boy's sweet eyes or seemingly-soft mouth was too much.

***

Yeah, Blaine liked Kurt and Kurt liked Blaine but one didn't know about the other.