Prologue

The townsmen sweated on a hot boiling day. All lined up against the wall, they watched the King walk about, not daring to say a word. If they did, they were dead meat.

The king shuffled back and forth. All the townspeople could hear the clip clapping on his fine black leather boots. His head hung low and his hand secured behind his back. He wore a long sky blue robe spotted with gems and diamonds. Perhaps his robe cost more money than any of the townspeople would ever make.

His sword dangled beside his waist, always ready to be used if needed. Tales have been told of inhumane things the king has done. After the queen died during her pregnancy, he had gone mad. He was crazy and has been ever since.

The silence was dreadful indeed. The townspeople were afraid for what his next moved would be. For the king, he was truly unpredictable.

Suddenly, the clapping and clapping of his boots stopped. The townspeople watched closely. The king stood there for a moment as if he was thinking hard.

Then Slowly, he picked his head up. The townspeople tried to not moved nor speak. The king had very defined features. His hair stuck up hear and there, his eyebrows in a position which always made him look angry, and his Blue eyes; his beady eyes that carefully scanned the line of people one by one.

Perhaps, he would've been found attractive to some if it weren't for his awful actions.

All the townspeople could hear was his slow steady breaths.

"Who did it?" He snarled. Still, no one said a word. He stood there for a moment. Looking at the crowd until his eyes laid one one man whose fingers were twiching at his sides.

"Was it you?" He growled barring his teeth like an animal. The man didn't speak. He was shaking from head to toe. The townspeople watched carefully, afraid of what would happen to that poor man.

The king grabbed the man's shirt in his fist and pushed him against the wall. The townspeople stared. As much as they wanted to help, they couldn't. And to think, this happened all the time in the kingdom.

The man whimpered.

"Answer me you damn peasant!" The king gritted his teeth, tightning his grip.

"I- I didn't d- do it!" The man cried, gasping for air. "P-please, sir. Your highness. Y- your majesty. It wasn't me!"

The king held the man there for another moment, then let go, leaving the man on the floor.

The townspeople looked bewildered, but agian, they didn't dare say a word.

The king smiled. An evil smile.

"I will be back tomorrow," he declared. The townspeople exchanged worried glances.

"If someone doesn't speak the hell up," he laughed, "then you will be very sorry." He then chuckled, His deep voice was intimidating yet almost attractive in some sort of way.

He walked back to his carriage where two soldiers stood. The carriage was in fact quite beautiful. it was a light blue glided with gold on it's sides. Two jet-black horses stood in front of the carriage, waiting patiently for the king.

The king slowly stepped inside his carriage, making sure the townspeople took a good look at it, reminding him how rich and Powerful he was.

"Remember, I'll be back," he said evilly then laughed. One of the soldiers shut the door as he chackled.

And the carriage went off into the clear sunny day, leaving the townspeople alone.

_____________________________________

I hope you guys Enjoyed my first Delirious Fan fiction book! Let's me know your thoughts about it, write a comment. (;