IV

"Can't we get in trouble for this?" Blu whispered violently at Ohm. They walked silently along the castle's hallways. Everyone must be in bed by now but there were still guards out. Ohm gave her a stern look.

"Yeah we could, but I do this all the time-trust me," he said.

"Where are we going anyway?" Blu asked curiously.

"You'll see," Ohm said as a small smile grew on his face. Blu gave him a puzzled look but continued to follow.

They walked through countless hallways, all filled with gold pillars. They even came across a wall, lined with pictures of the past kings. The first picture Blu saw was of a friendly-looking king passed more and more pictures, the smiles of the King's started to fade until she passed King Jonathon's picture. His lips were pressed into a line and his eyes looked almost translucent. Ohm noticed Blu looking at the pictures.

"Sad isn't it?" He said. "How the kingdom used to be such a magnificent and happy place," he sighed. "And now it's just awful." He shook his head. "C'mon."

Ohm led Blu out a secret back door which led to the castle's garden. The garden seemed so much bigger than she remembered earlier that day. Lights were speckled around the whole area. The sound of crickets filled the air. And the crescent moon along with hundreds of stars, shone bright up in the black sky.

Ryan brought Blu to a small hill which kept them hidden, but still had most magnificent views of the whole garden

Ryan brought Blu to a small hill which kept them hidden, but still had most magnificent views of the whole garden. A large hedge maze stood towards the right.

Blu was astonished. "This is incredible," she said quietly. Ohm smiled brightly as they sat down on the cold grass.

"Just because this castle is home to that nut job," Ohm said tilting his head towards the castle, "doesn't mean it's not beautiful." They sat in silence, gazing down at the garden as their minds took them to another world. Blu thought she could just stay here forever and forget about everything. Then she got back to reality.

"I'm sorry about this afternoon," she said looking down at her hands. "About mentioning your family." At first there was no answer. Then Ohm finally spoke up.

"It's okay. You don't have to be sorry about anything. You didn't know," his words almost jumbled together. Then Blu started thinking about her own family. She missed them more than anyone could ever imagine.

A tear unexpectedly trailed down Blu's cheek. Ryan noticed this and wiped it away. "Don't cry. You're wasting your tears." He said. "At least be thankful you have a family," he said.

At this, Blu brought herself together and looked towards Ohm. His brown hazel eyes gazed through the garden. His expression was emotionless.

"Thank you for bringing me here," Blu said. Ryan gave her a small smile.

"I come here a lot," he said. "To clear my mind. You can sometimes go crazy listening to that man's voice every day," he said shaking his head.

Blu sighed. "I've heard the craziest stories about things he has done. Do you know if they're true?" She asked.