Scarlet

She woke up in the ground, a little confused. She stood up and walked some blocks just to find out that the place she used to live in eight years ago, her home, is no longer there. The girl and her family used to live in the biggest flat in New York. Now they had a mansion, but she doesn't know yet.

"Excuse me" said the now not-so-little girl, Scarlet

"Sorry miss you are not allowed to get in here" responded the guard without recognizing her

"But.." interrupted Scarlet " I live here"

"Sure Ma'am, let me help you"

"Never mind, just..." S complained "Are the Milligan's here? I just want to talk"

"They don't live here anymore." Said the guard who started to recognize her, but still didn't believe it

"Who are you?

"You wouldn't believe me... Just" she interrupted herself "Where can I find the Milligan's ? "

"They moved seven years ago, don't you know? After the little girl was confirmed dead, or that's what they guess, they decided to move on. It was very important in journalism, poor family, poor girl." The guard said somewhat sad "Just tell me who is looking for them and maybe I can help you" 

"Oh.." the girl gasped " ...Scarlet... " a little unsure, she said:  "Milligan. Scarlet Milligan"
What a cruel joke it would be for Scarlet's family to find someone playing with it's dead daughter, just that she wasn't dead.

"You may be confused, Scarlet is dead" said the guard now questioning his thoughts

"It's me. Just talk to them, ok, Joe?"
The guard Joe looked at her surprised, her family knew him very well, so in his doubt, he went to the Milligan's mansion and asked to talk to Scott.
Scott obviously didn't buy it, so he personally went to pay a visit to the girl playing his dead daughter, who was already at the police department claiming for her identity.

Scott walked in like he owned the place. He had changed, he used to be wise and charming, but the death of a very important family member can tear your happiness apart. He saw the girl, wrapped in a blanked, and he couldn't believe it. She was Scarlet. Her face was the same, but she had grown up beautiful as wished. She  went trough all the kidnapping, abuse and violence.
Her hair was short. She was exaggeratedly thin. The tears didn't stop falling.
Scott was walking to Scarlet when she noticed him.
The girl was shocked. She didn't see him in years and she was so happy...

"Oh god"

"Daddy?"

"..."

"Oh Scarlet... my baby"
They were together and didn't get out of each other's arms until they got into the mansion.
Miranda was waiting there, walking around the place, half going insane. His son was at his own apartment, what the hell was she going to tell him? He was 22 years old, but his sister got missing when he was 14.