chapter 3 - innocent finny

I felt very curious by Brendon. I wonder if he sometimes feels scared at night too, or maybe he just can't sleep is all.

     I wanted to know more about him, but in doing so, I'd have to converse with him again, and the idea of approaching him to talk is terrifying. So this means he would have to talk to me first, which in my head, seems unlikely.

     I wonder if Fin knows him at all, maybe he could give me some more background on Brendon.

The next day, I was standing by Fin at his locker, waiting for him to get his stuff as we talked. I noticed Brendon as he was about to walk by us and he noticed me too. He waved a bit while walking away, a slight, friendly smile to his lips. I waved back, and he was gone.

"What was that about?" Fin asks.

"What?"

"The wave. Do you know him?" He seemed curious.

"Yeah, we met yesterday at detention."

"Oh," he laughs. "Just don't bring him around me." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Uhm," his cheeks flush red. He pauses. "We used to have a thing, I guess," he says quietly, making sure not to look in my eyes.

"A thing?"

"Can we drop the topic?" He asks, pleadingly. He wasn't saddened by it, he was embarrassed. That's why I pushed it further.

"Are you telling me... that little, innocent Finny isn't a virgin?" I teased.

"Shhhh," he hushes before slapping my arm.

"It's true! Isn't it?!" I ask, quietly, but excitedly.

His face is literally blood red.

"Shut uppp," he drags out. "It was one time," he whispers.

"Oh my god," I laugh. "When?"

"The summer of..last year, I think? It just kind of happened, there was nothing more, now shut up!"

"Jeez, okay, I'll leave you alone about it," I laugh while shaking my head. "That's crazy though."

He smacks my arm one more time like a child and heads to class while I laugh.