Preface

This book is intended for ADULT AUDIENCES ONLY.

It includes scenes describing adult and criminal behavior which is certain to offend some readers. Consider yourself warned.

All characters in this work are adults above the age of consent in your jurisdiction.

Please store your adult content where they cannot be accessed by minors.

Many will find the attitudes expressed by certain characters disturbing, to say the least.

The first character we meet is a serial murderer whose foremost concern is not that he might get caught, but, rather, that someone is "poaching" his prey. This character doesn't even think of his victims as people, but as animals.

Meanwhile, law enforcement is, and will remain, oblivious to the activity to the end, for reasons that will be made clear.

Again, some will find certain characters' utter disregard for humanity, an attitude which will surface from time to time, repulsive. Consider yourself warned.

To my knowledge, there is no newspaper in Albuquerque named The Telegraph, nor has there ever been. Nor is there an El Dorado County within 100 miles of the U.S./Mexico border along the entire length of either side of that border. If I am mistaken, it is purely unintentional. Kindly inform me and I will make the appropriate changes.

The lyrics of the chorus of Cielito Lindo, an iconic Mexican Ranchero song, popularized by every mariachi band, everywhere, are reproduced here. The song is in the public domain.

Any attributed quotes and/or citations that may be protected by copyrights are sincerely believed to be fair use reproductions. If you are a Rights holder and think me mistaken, please contact me and we can negotiate a mutually satisfactory change.