Soul Harvest

Most of you might find this part disturbing...

The evening was young and cold. Pastor Grey sat next to me; his head in his large white palms. His mother shoke endlessly under the sheets behind us. Hell still had fingers on her. I too had felt that way; the temperature drop was terrifying. We didn't speak much; just the sound of Pastor Grey's heart slamming against his chest as he readied himself to uncage the demons he had caged. I placed my hand on his lap drawing his attention.
"It will be well." I whispered into his ear trying to comfort him. It was a couple minutes to six by my watch. The crescent moon was becoming visible in the sky which was quickly turning into a large blanket of darkness. "I have to get going." Slowly, I rose to my feet and headed for the door. "Take care of her." He nooded as he laid next to his shivering mother.

The night was perfect to harvest a soul. It was Sunday and several souls and spirits had and were going to be taken out of earth. I felt confident as I walked in the darkness. Like an extraterrestrial being, I walked down the empty street quickly; wanting not to draw attention. Leaves appeared to be possessed by some spirit as the wind moved them about the street. Everything seemed possessed to me. Even the people who walked along the streets with their faces glued to their mobile phones. The devices appeared to be sucking life out of them. Every person I came across as I walked down the street carried a soul which was begging to be released. I was seconds away from overseeing the release of one; a fresh one. I didn't know why but the feeling made me giggle; the thing in me.

From the darkness emerged two faces  that had began to bore me. The two Huddington brothers stood next to each other their heads leaning to the right. Their tiny feet cemented to the fresh grass. They moved in such harmony I thought each step had been practised a thoudsand and one times.
"Where is the child?" I requested I walked towards them. Silence joined us in the garden. I breathed in the heavy air with difficulty.
"Here comes the mother and the child." The reply came after a handful of seconds later. A tall slim lady with no breast joined us. She looked like a transgender or perhaps the white robe she had on just made her breast disappear. The innocent little infant laid peacefully within her arms. It was ignorant of the chain of events that were about to occur. I wondered if the mother was aware. She should; she was dressed for the ritual; long white gown covering her naked feet. I felt pitty for the infant but my lips still curved into a smile; the thing in me.

"You all know why we are here." Everyone nodded but the infant. Poor child was ignorant and helpless. "The Huddington family made an arrangement..." I gave out the three KKK type masks to the mother of the infant. The infant cried; it sounded as if it had just left the womb. Was it male or female? I didn't bother; that wasn't necessary. One of the Huddington brothers retreated into the darkness and emerged seconds later with a sword. The other brother, the mother and the infant had worn their masks. "...today we honour that covenant. You can now leave us." I ushered one of the Huddington brother's away as I took the sword from him. He walked out of the garden, taking his shadow with him. Silence followed slowly behind him to keep him company. I took the baby from the mother and placed it on the wet grass. It cried as the wet grass brushed against it's face. From my pocket I brought out a little red book; the harvest was about to begin. I looked up to the crescent moon. It smiled; it was enjoying the show.

I made circle around the baby with the sword. With the edge I marked the North, South, East and West. Within the circle I inscribed four names below the four cardinal points. Toth, Zambrim, Saduel and Astaroth respectively. I handed the sword to the father. He took off his mask and with the edge of the sword he made a pentagle touching the baby at three points. The baby cried as the sword passed around it's head. I could hear the mother sobb beneath the mask. The father appeared unmoved as he carried out my instructions; he had prepared himself properly. I handed the little red book to him. The evil in the book weighed heavily on his hand.  He clutched the book hard as he flipped through the tiny pages.
"Page seventeen." I instructed. He flipped forward and backward through the pages. He seemed to be avoiding the seventeenth page. I was patient; we had still sunrise to finish the harvest.