Chapter 2

Remi and I both ran into the crowded sidewalk on our left. It was like a herd of sheep trying to run from a wolf, but instead of sheep, humans. Instead of wolves. Um, well. Let's just say that everyone was in a hurry to get somewhere. Remi and I both wore black jackets and were the only ones that stood out. It didn't matter how fast or slow we were walking, we could still be seen as someone suspicious. Luckily we have our hoodies over our head, because if anyone was to have seen us, we would've been locked in a cell for a day, then executed the next.

As we continued down the crowded sidewalk, we could barley hear the annoying police siren. I knew we had to have been a few miles away. We stopped at the corner end of the sidewalk in the crowd of people who were also waiting for the light to turn red. I watched the cars of all colours pass by, splashing left over rain water off the roads, onto the people in front of us. Both Remi and I laughed, and so did many others. The people in the front didn't look like happy campers after getting drenched in soaking water and hearing the laughs of others who were still dry as weeds. In fact a middle aged man in a soaking grey wet shirt, pushed through the crowd and began to yell at everyone in the back, asking questions like, How would you feel if this happened and how would you feel that happened . I just stood there with my hands in my pocket, and my head hanging down. Remi wouldn't stop laughing at the man complaining to all the people in the back about, you know.

It had be a few minutes and still, the street light hadn't changed. The crowd began to worry and whisper to one another. I could hear the anger and the irritation in their voices. I felt a light tap on my shoulder, when I turned to look who had tagged my shoulder. Remi stood directly in front of me with an expression I rarely see situated on his face. I know Remi is the type of guy who loves to mess around, but the look on his face had told me, there is something wrong. I placed my right hand on his shoulder, and pulled him in close so that my lips were a few inches away from his ear. "What's up?" I asked, trying to sound restful, even though I was worried myself. "Isen, they are here." I watched Remi raise his hand, pointing his thumb behind him. Right when I looked at direction his thumb guided me, I noticed two police officers talking to the man we saw complaining earlier and what happened next sent shivers down my spine. The man turned and pointed his index finger over towards us. The officers followed his finger, then stared at us with the same cold look every police officer would give to a criminal.

Authors note: Not that short, eh?