Sword Sister: book 1 Runner

Hey guys! So this book is going to part of a series, I hope it turns out! This is the first book I'm doing with one of my bros so I'm excited for our work together on this series! Like my other book Disconected, almost all the names I use will have a meaning.( and if you've got the time I would really appreciate you reading that one too!) like always I would love to hear from you guys! (Vote too that helps! ;) Also I think her name pronounced Ki-to-sae, with a long O and A sound. It's not pronounced like the chip! enough chit chat! On to the book!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Book 1 of the Sword Sister series: Runner

Chapter 1

Birds were chirping right outside my window. Greeting the morning with beautiful song.

Lazily I opened my eyes and squinted out the window. The bright morning sun streaming through, casting the tree's shadow on my floor. I rolled over groaning sleepily. Not knowing I was at the edge of the bed I rolled off with a, thud! Ouch. Well it's time to get up any way, but I'm not going to. It's the first day of summer! And I'm sleeping in!

" Chitose, are you ok!?" Right on time. My mom was always up early, summer or not.

" Yes mom! I'm fine! Just fell out of bed!" I called down the stairs as I hauled my lazy butt up into a sitting position.

" Well breakfast is ready and.."

" Wooooohhooooo! Breakfast!" Oh no!

" Felix! If you eat all the food I'm gunna throttle you!" I yelled as I threw off my blankets, grabbed a pony-tail holder and ran down the stairs.

" Well if you don't hurry up I will eat it all!" Even though he was 3 years younger than I was he still could pack it down. He would and could, eat everything. Throwing my black hair up in a messy bun, I turned the corner into the kitchen. Felix already had his plate piled high with pancakes and bacon. His blue eyes twinkling at me.

Even though all the rest of my family had blue eyes and blonde hair I was the odd ball, born with black hair and green eyes. At first they thought it would fade, but it didn't. It stayed the way it was all 16 years I had been living. But I had a nice family, they didn't care what I looked like, they loved me!

" I saved you some Chitose!"

" Thanks Felix, at least you weren't a pig this morning."

Putting a hand to his chest and putting on a hurt expression. He said,

" You hurt me! I'm insulted that you would suggest I would consume all the food every day! Ugh! Where has the faith my sister once displayed in me gone to!?" He said dramatically, using hand motions and everything.

My brother and I always had a unspoken competition on who could come up with the better comebacks, and I had been saving this one for a while!

" Isn't it dangerous for one to use his whole vocabulary in one sentence?" I looked at him with a smirk tugging on the corners of my mouth. Mom gasped and Felix laughed.

" Chitose!" My mom scolded.

" It's ok mom! Chitose got me for last time. And that was more than one sentence Chitose."

" I don't care." I sat down with my plate and started to eat. The rest of the meal was uneventful, no smart comments, no stealing of food, and no arguing.

A lot of people wondered where I got my name, but it really was simple. My parents where on a trip to Japan when I was born, so they decided to name me something local.