Him

Helloooooo my little Raindrops!(yeah! Imma gunna call you that) I'm back for more!
That up there is Felix!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Chitose's POV)

We watched two seasons before my brain protested in a screaming headache. I looked outside to see it was getting dark! Had we really just wasted a whole day watching tv?! Eh! What's new!?

Alexa stood and stretched.

" Well! I should be going home," She said as we walked to the door, " Be good you two!" She said to Felix and I.

" Pfft! You know me! I'm an angle!" Felix said.

I rolled my eyes and hugged her goodbye. As she walked away my dad pulled into the driveway. I ran out to meet him with Felix hot on my tail.

" Hey dad! How was the rest of your day?" Felix asked jovially.

I came in for a hug.

" It went well." He said smiling tightly. I knew Felix couldn't see it but, I had a way of seeing those kinda things that others tend to miss.

" Hi honey! Dinner is just on the table!" Mom called from the door.

I decided I'd ask if he was ok after dinner.

It was a lovely dinner, like always. Mom was such a good cook! I was learning but always ended up burning things a little. I helped clear the table and wash the dishes. I kept glancing at dad, he seemed a bit distracted and now Felix noticed. I caught his eye and glanced at mom and dad quickly. He nodded.

" Hey mom, I'll help Chitose with dishes tonight you go relax!" Felix said cheerfully.

" Oh thank you honey! That's very sweet of you!"

She walked into the living room and sat to watch Tv with dad. Felix came over and grabbed a towel to dry the dishes.

" So, how long ago did you notice he was off? You had your 'about-time-you-noticed' face on." Said Felix.

" Since he got outta the car. And it's not his concerned face..... like he's been thinking about what happened. It's the face he makes when he's been given a decision he doesn't want to make." I said as I looked out the window.

Felix nodded.

" I'm starting to see the difference between his faces now too. I kinda hate it how you can read people so good and then no one can read you! At least not when you want to be read."

I was confused by that.

" What do you mean?"

" I mean sometimes your emotions are as clear as day! Other times your walls go up it's like trying to read Korean!" He said while putting a stack of dishes up high,
" Me though, you can read me like a book! Others too." He said glumly.

" You'll get it! It's a skill that needs practice." I said after a pause.

He shrugged and went on drying dishes. I could hear mom and dad talking faintly in the living room, I couldn't make anything out though.

" What's the decision he's been given, you think?" Felix asked.

I stopped washing for a moment and thought.

" I'm not sure." I said finally, " It might have to do with selling the bar. You know that some people have been after him to sell for a while now."

" Could be." Said Felix doubtfully.

I wasn't even very convinced by my own answer. I was trying to think logically. Even though I knew dad would never sell....... I was grasping at straws, anything! We finished dishes and went and watched tv with mom and dad.