CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Raamin went downstairs not knowing the shock of her life awaited her. It was Sameer. Raamins mum told Raamin Sameer was there to ask for her hand in marriage. Sameer was Raamins friend back in secondary school. She had forged a signature for Sameers sister to withdraw money from Sameers dads account as she wanted to elope and was on drugs. He was her blackmailer. Why would he want to marry me she wondered.  Taimoor was coming downstairs when he heard Raamin accept Sameer. Im ready to marry Sameer she said. She feared losing her reputation. She feared the cops. She feared the punishment for her crime. Taimoor was shocked. Sameers family left and Raamin was alone in the lounge. Congratulations Taimoor said. She stared at him silently. Wont u ask why i accepted Raamin asked. I wont he said. An hour back i was your happiness. Guess your feelings change real quick he said and walked away. Stop she commanded. I have my reasons. Sure do he smiled. Im happy for you Raamin. I feel relieved. I had worries about your future with me. I feel relieved he smiled. I wish you the very best and its important we maintain a distance. You belong to Sameer here onwards and i dont want to be an obstacle in your path. With that Taimoor slowly walked out of Raamins life.