Chapter 21

-Millie-

________________

Stupid fuckin' rich people. I think to myself as I make my way down the sidewalk, finally exiting this stupid neighborhood.

   The wind sends chills straight through my windbreaker. At I miss the feel of Clumsy's warm scarf, yet I️ could' bring myself to take it; no matter how bad I️ need it.

   Stupid mansions. I think to myself as I avoid staring up at the lovely homes around me. Homes of the happy. They don't know the struggle; the True Struggle. The struggle of the real world, where you're not spoon fed and handed everything on a silver platter.

   Clumsy got some nerves, though; asking me such a question. Then again, Garcia had a point...

~•~•~•~

   "I overheard you two." Garcia admits lowly as I help her clean the mess of bacon from the marble floor. "I apologize for her behavior, she is just..."

I don't speak, just listen. There better be a damn good explanation for the way she just acted.

"...a very emotional, young woman."

   "We're all very emotional- to some degree." I say, shrugging light as we both stand up. "That's no excuse to throw tantrums."

   "That is true, but there are different types of emotional people." She tells me as we take the dirty bacon to the kitchen trash. "She was taught to seal emotions that make her look vulnerable. Her father teaches her these things to make her tough, but there is a danger in sealing up those emotional types - in the shortness of temper that comes when they cry."

   A danger?

   I want to hear more, so I decide to stay a while longer to help her clear the breakfast table in order to talk more about this 'danger'.

   "There is a cruelty to taking their emotions as a type of rudeness; something 'well mannered folks would hide'. There is a cost in burying such pain in your bones rather than expressing it freely, one that brings on a loneliness of the soul."

   Burying your emotions, brings loneliness to the soul.

   I can definitely relate to that.

   "How can someone so rich, be lonely?" I mumble as we I pile the empty plates into the sink to rinse them off.

"You must be an emotional one-"

"I'm not emotional-"

"Oh, niña, there is nothing wrong with being emotional." Garcia laughs. "Even the rich have feelings and emotions. I know it might be hard to believe, but..."

She pauses before leaning over to me, cupping her hand against the side of her mouth before whispering-

"...You cannot buy happiness." She finishes with a smirk before we continue to wash the dirty dishes together.