2 "The Runes

September 19th, 2017 "Runes"

"Good evening folks, it's Robert Boden back for your weekly show at Aeirist Falls Radio, and let's start off with our pledge of allegiance. I pledge my life, to our wonderful World Government, for if they didn't exist we wouldn't either. May their watchful eyes protect us all from any threat, hail." He takes a sip of his coffee, then leans into the microphone and lets his soothing voice once again make sound, "This is a public service announcement from the city council, let me just open the letter.. Where's the opener?" His voice turns away from the microphone, "Come on, we all know what happens if we don't use a letter opener...." Cabinets open and close, paper shuffles. "Ah ha! And... " He unfolds the paper and clears his throat, "For the next few days, the mist will be lesser and the strange robed figures that don't exist and should not be acknowledged can be seen more, and if you do acknowledge them then the Secret Police will not help you."

"But lately reports have come in that screams of pain and terror comes from the mineshafts near the town. The town council says not to go near the mines, and if the screams disturb you just turn up your TV's volume and not hear it." He turns a page, "And as you all know our favorite time of the year is coming, Halloween! That wonderful time of the year where everyone gets their fair share in scaring children that want candy. If you know me, I always make sure to scare them enough to make them drop their candy bag, just like taking candy from a baby." He turns another page, "But Daniel Sodder found a hole under the counter of Subway, he ventured into it and found rocks with red runes on them, of course the secret police immediately came in and locked up the scene. Daniel tried to go back into the h-" A faint voice came from away from the mic, "Huh? Hmm.. Uhuh... Alright listeners, disregard that last bit of news, there is no hole under the counter at Subway, actually that Subway doesn't exist anymore. I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, but I guess I should end this radio session, so Good night listeners. Good night."