1 "The Pilot"

“This is your radio host Robert Boden coming at you straight from Aeirist Falls’ radio station recording studio. May any and all listeners remain seated for the WG’s Pledge of Allegiance.” The radio host clears his throat, “I pledge my allegiance to our wonderful World Government, for if they didn’t exist we wouldn’t either. May their watchful eyes protect us all from any threat, hail.” He ends, it was quick and short, he leans back towards the microphone and lowers his voice again, his normal soothing voice ensued. “For the news tonight, Jasmine, the woman on the corner preaching, has reported that the local crazyman Brad Johnman MacErie has been sitting on a box he brings, that’s different every time, listening to her preachings of the World Government. Today she has reported that the crazyman was there before she was, staring creepily down the street with a large grin across his face, mid-preach he burst into flames and Jasmine can’t remember anything past that.” He took a quick sip of coffee, broadcasting at 11 PM was his job but he still had to stay awake. “In other news, the city’s Secret Police has been cracking down owners of private books not approved by the World Government. The ritual burning of the owners and their books will take place tomorrow afternoon in Green Furrow’s lot, a reminder that owners of overdue books will suffer the same fate.” He coughs a few times, “Another note, a man dressed up as a pilot has recently moved in, he has been seen hanging around the Dark Owl Cafe, if you feel like you can represent our town please greet him.” Robert shuffles some papers, “Thank you Jim.” He says away from the radio, then turns back to it, “Onto our thinker’s moment. What if we just live in a simulation? I will give you a few moments to think about this.” He falls silent for about five seconds before speaking again.
    “Now, for the weather. Like usual, the mysterious fog that has sat here for all eternity, and expect a high amount of strange silhouettes moving in the corner of your eye today, and maybe a small chance of rain. But either way, keep an eye out for your favorite robed figures and remember that wherever they take you is probably safe. That's it for tonight, so have a nice night listeners.”