3

Nicki

It was 5:27 and I had to get ready for the Gala tonight. Not even feeling like going anymore I had to motivate myself to get out the bed since I haven't done much at all today.

After taking a shower I do my hair and makeup then put on the dress I bought yesterday.

"Omg Nic you look amazing" Regina says. I laugh.

"So do y'all" I say as the valet takes my car keys and I walk up the steps to them.

"Really though that dress was the one" Draya says.

"Yeah but you both look better than me" I say. They laugh as we walk into the building and get escorted to the ballroom the event was held in. It was a lot of people inside. So much food on a long table and seats needing filled and a large dance floor.

"This looks expensive as hell" Draya says as she takes a drink from a water walking around with a tray of glasses.

"What is this?" I ask.

"White champagne " he answers. I take a glass.

"I like wine more than champagne " I say.

"Me too" Draya says.

"Should we find a table?" Regina asks.

"What if there are some seats reserved?" I ask looking at the tables. They were nicely put together with center pieces and precisely folded napkins.

"I think the ones reserves are in the front. Excuse me are these seats taken?" She asks a woman.

"No. All the taken and reserves are up front. I take it you aren't immune to this" she says. We laugh.

"No" we all say sitting with her a man at the table.

"Neither are we" they says. "First time coming here" the man says. I could tell he was gay.

"Same for us. Well two of us" I say.

"Yeah. We tagged along with our friend Naomi. It's her third time this year and she says she enjoys it." The girl says. "My name is Tiana and this is Aaron" she says.

"I'm Draya and this is Regina and Nicki" Draya says.

"Y'all I'm hungry" Regina says. "One of you come fix a plate with me" she says. I laugh and get up with her.

"I wonder how much all this costs. And if only one person paid for it" I say. Regina laughs.

"Nicki you need to relax. How come you didn't bring Raj as a date?"

"You asked me to come and he running around acting like he not cheating" I say. She giggles.

"We'll get your mind off things. You work hard and worry harder" she says handing me a plate. Hearing a group of people laughing beside us I see the guy from yesterday. He notices me looking but doesn't say anything.

"Regina" I say. She was examining the food.

"What?"

"I met a guy yesterday and I'm not sure if he likes me but I'm sure he will try and come to make a conversation with me. He chased me out of the club last night after my set" I say.

"Who?" She asks looking. I eye the man.

"He said his name was Nas" I say.

"Oooh he cute" she says. I laugh nudging her. "What? He is. Would be a step up from Raj too. He has to be high class because that is an Armani suit" she says. I laugh.

"Okay well don't stare" I say. I see him look my direction once again. Trying to hurry up and make a plate with Regina just so I could sit back down.