Chapter Seven: The Sad Truth

So we've established (or tried to establish) that Destiel is a very real concept

So we've established (or tried to establish) that Destiel is a very real concept. There's no barriers in the show whatsoever that hold Dean and Castiel's relationship apart. But even out of the show there's not a ton of barriers. Misha has seemed fairly supportive of Destiel and is usually an open guy and also supportive of LGBT. Misha recently at SPNDenver 2018 even said "I'd be the car so Dean could ride me all day long." Along other Destiel related things, but there's still one single barrier that pretends the whole thing coming together.

That's Jensen Ackles.

I love Jensen to death but to face the facts, as an actor, he's not comfortable with it. I'm not sure why, considering most friendships have silly, gay innuendos for fun and all that; you see it all the time off set. And Jensen has family members that are gay, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. Regardless, Jensen is still uncomfortable with it, and we have to respect that. Please don't attack our precious boys. It makes you a dickwad.

So for now we'll have to settle for subtext and the idea that it's so close to being canon. Be happy that it's still a very real concept and not completely debunked by producers and other actors.

Now I understand this is short, but it would take me a million years to dig up and write down every single piece of evidence that supports the idea of Destiel. There's just too much of their relationship packed into 13 seasons of supernatural.

If there's an important topic I missed, or something you'd like me to go in depth about- leave a comment and I'll go and add more chapters to this! Hope I scratched the surface-

- ya fellow destiel shipper, Kyle.