Part 5

Kinda sucky, but yeah.

-

  "Yu... Yuzu... Yuzu!"  

A voice had called out to her.

Her eyes opened, she realised she was in a lying down position. Someone had their hands on her back, propping up her upper body so she wasn't lying entirely on the ground. A male with a blue scarf concealing half his face was holding her.

"Wh... where am I?" she stuttered.

"We're back in the Standard dimension." a voice spoke.

She struggled to lift up her head. Looking down on her was the leader of the Lancers. "After Zarc was defeated, the worlds had reset. Everyone was transported back to their own worlds."

"So... Shun, Asuka and all the others, they're home?"

Reiji propped up his glasses. "It would appear so. I assume that the cards also separated you and Yuya. However, Ray had transported Zarc and herself somewhere else. It's unknown as to where they went. Things were reverted to as they were either way."

"That's so good to hear." Yuzu said quietly, almost to herself.

She pressed down on her palms, pushing herself up off the ground. She steadily rose to her feet. Tsukikage held onto her left arm, pulling her up. Another man with a red scarf had her right arm, Tsukikage's older brother Hikage. She thanked them both.

The pervious CEO of LID approached her.

"Yuzu... "Leo spoke. She turned to face him, indicating that she had her full attention on him.

"If Ray had given up her life for you, then she must've have wanted to you live. She had the chance to start over again, but she gave it up for you and her other reincarnations to exist." he went to place a hand on her shoulder.

He barely touched her before he quickly withdrew his hand. She observed his actions, questioning what was it that made him suddenly pull away.

"Please, cherish your life. It's what she would've wanted."

Yuzu could only imagine what he must've been feeling. He spent many years trying to revive his daughter, even though he managed to do it in the end he didn't have the time to reminisce. All his efforts to bring back one of the most important people to him had all been for nothing.

Ray must've accepted that the dead should stay dead. That her time on earth had run out a long time ago, so there was no need for her to be around anymore. The only thing she could do was let others live the life they've already been blessed with before it was forcibly taken away by her own father.

Leo may understand her intentions, but that still wouldn't make it any easier for him. It's difficult to lose someone you love, it's even harder to say goodbye.

"You don't have to worry. After what I just been through, what everyone's been through, I don't think anyone's never been more glad to be alive then right now. I might not deserve a second chance, but I'll take it anyway. And I won't take Ray's or anyone's sacrifice for me for granted. I'll always appreciate what they've done for me. I'll live on for them, because I know that's what they would've wanted me to do. And I'll treasure every second of it." she spoke confidently.

"Thank you. And you deserve to be alive. Don't let yourself think otherwise."

"Yuzu!" Shuzo, her father shouted, tackling her into a hug.

Normally she'd push him away in embarrassment, expect this time she let him hold her. She slowly raised her hand to pat him on the back.

"This is great! Everyone's okay, Yusho has come back, that demon is gone..." he continued to ramble on.