4

Grayson pov.

"Happy birthday." I muttered under my breath, leaving tear stains on the grey grave stone. It was about 6am, I made sure I got out of the house before the kids woke up. I never really told them about there mum, all they know is that she's gone.

It's been nearly 17 years and every single damn day I think about her.

I am more then proud of my kids, Keaton getting a scholarship into Harvard for football, Andrea is doing amazing with her music career and I couldn't ask for a better family.

I looked at her grave stone one more time, re reading the writing over and over again.

'PRest in peace, you will never be forgotten. A mother of 2 and a wife. Stolen from us at such a young age. you will always be in our hearts.

Sarah Johns
1998-2021'

It breaks me. I let my tears pour out one after another, telling myself I need to let go.

I decided to leave. I couldn't take the pain anymore.

The road was blurry due to the tears covering my vision. I could see my eyelashes clump together as they are stuck together from my salty tears.

I drive faster then usual, never hitting the breaks. I just want to be home.

I can see the house, only metres away, quickly pulling up into the drive way, pulling down the mirror in the visor.

My face has red blotches all over it with my old tears lightly staining my face.

I walk up to the front door quietly opening it, walking in to seeing Keaton and his friend Connor playing video games on the TV.

"Where is Andrea?" I asked, not making eye contact.

"She just went out to the beach for the day with her friends, and don't worry, I checked and Tyler isn't there." Keaton responded.

" ok thank you. "

"Hey Grayson." Connor greeted, with both of there attention fixed to the video game.

"Hey Con." I noticed that they paused the game, with Keaton's gaze fixed on mine.

"Where were you this morning dad?" I lifted my head up, my eyes going wide.

"Uh, I was with Ethan." I quickly lied.

" I asked him and he said you weren't with him. Where were you actually?" I raised one eyebrow, folding his arms.

" it was your mums birthday." I mumbled ever so quietly.

"Huh?"

"It was your mums birthday." I spoke louder and clearer, making eye contact with Keaton as Connor sat there awkwardly.

Keaton instantly came over to me, hugging me, with Connor shortly following.

"When will you tell us about her?" Keaton asked.

" there's not much to tell. All you need to know is that I want her back but I was the one that let her leave." I looked at the floor, trying to stop any new tears forming.

"What happened isn't your fault you know?" Connor said, with Keaton agreeing.

"But it is."

"How?"

"Well, it was my fault that she became pregnant, it's my fault I wanted to start a family. Everything that happened was my fault." I sat down, fiddling with my thumbs.

"Everything happens for a reason and you got us out of it, you have a amazing family and friends. Nothing could have changed what happened. Not even you." Connor spoke.

Connor has always been best friends with Keaton ever since they where little, he's like family to us. I love him just as much as I love Keaton and Andrea.

A/n: sorry, it's been a minute. I just died for awhile but now I'm back